Would enjoy meeting in Manado ...

hidesert47

Greetings all ...

I'm giving Manado a serious look as a potential home. I'll be there October 11-16 & 25-29, and will be free for parts of those periods. I'd love to meet up with some folks and pick their brains about the area! Give me a shout as the time grows near, and maybe we can come up with a plan.

See you (maybe) then!

Sounds good. Are you planning on moving into manado or outlying area? We live south of manado in a village and it suits us

Having recently visited the area, I'd call it as close to paradise as any place I've been. Everything is so verdant. The topography is striking. The people are friendly. There's all kinds of food. And Steve & Penny's nice 3-bedroom house costs less than my Yangon, Myanmar, studio apartment.

Sounds good. Are you planning on moving into manado or outlying area? We live south of manado in a village and it suits us
At this point, I have no idea if I'm 'planning' to move there, much less have any idea of where. This is more of a scouting trip just to see how I feel about the whole idea. Of the 10 or so days I have available to check things out, I'll spend about half of that with my local friend who has a fair idea of what I want to learn.

What's the name of your village? Wait, got it ... Citraland ...

Last edited:
At this point, I have no idea if I'm 'planning' to move there, much less have any idea of where. This is more of a scouting trip just to see how I feel about the whole idea. Of the 10 or so days I have available to check things out, I'll spend about half of that with my local friend who has a fair idea of what I want to learn.

What's the name of your village? Wait, got it ... Citraland ...
Hey!
Give me a shout when you're around. I hope I can get some free time to share a beer.

Citraland is neither a village nor is the place where Steve lives. It's a modern house Estate not far where I live.

I live in Winangun which is very certainly one of the best place to live within the Manado area. It's close to all major access (connecting with the ring road in just two minutes), still very green and yet less than 10 minutes away from the busy city center.

It's one of these areas where land prices has the most increased in the past ten/fifteen years or so, which doesn't come as a surprise considering the major road developments having occurred in the past few years.

There is a small but very friendly expat community. We have seen in the past three or four years a bunch of newcomers and it's great. To be honest, the Manado expats gathering were starting to look like a Jurassic park dinosaurs meeting with most of us being here for 10/15/20 years. A bit of fresh blood doesn't hurt.

Hey!
Give me a shout when you're around. I hope I can get some free time to share a beer.
There is a small but very friendly expat community. We have seen in the past three or four years a bunch of newcomers and it's great. To be honest, the Manado expats gathering were starting to look like a Jurassic park dinosaurs meeting with most of us being here for 10/15/20 years. A bit of fresh blood doesn't hurt.

I'd be leading you astray if I said my blood was 'fresh.' But yeah, I'd love to get together. I have enough time, if you can manage it.

Hey Atlantis we only been here coming up on 2 years so you must be saying I'm so old I'm almost dead. You don't watch out I'll beat you with my cane.

IN MANADO NOW, 11 OCT. Greetings local expats. I've got a $20 Nokia with a local number which I'm reluctant to post, and my locked US smartphone which I use for WhatsApp calls when I'm on WiFi. Problem is, I'm in Genio Hotel with miserable WiFi and can't stay online for multiple minutes. Would love to hook up with anyone could provide potential future expat info, as well as maybe point me to an affordable, talking $30 w/ AC, breakfast, wifi, and walkable to some warung makan. If you might be interested, PM me your contact info. I like WhatsApp texting because it gives me something to reference. Thanks in advance!! PS... here for five days.

Hey dude welcome to mando ! I'm going to be up in town sat. If you want to meet up for a coffee or a beer. I'll what's up you good sir. By the way you will love 2 fish.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back