VITAS Online Application. Advice Needed

Pablo

The online process has started up again (despite all the agencies saying it's still closed and you need them to make an in-person application through them).
I have successfully registered and submitted an application, immediately after which I received an email confirmation.
In the email it outlined a five-day process.
That was a week ago (Aug 24) and so far I have heard nothing else from the immigration office.
Is this normal and should I just be patient?
Or should I send in an email and ask what's happening?

5 working days. Now factor in the extra delays from system down, overworked etc
Give it another week
Or be more specific and detail what exactly is your worry and what did you apply for?
Can't advise much with such a vague description

They are not too good at responding to emails, but usually they give you a WA number that you can contact them on, and they respond to that.

Thanks Herbert and snpark for your replies.
I am trying to get a VITAS (wife sponsored / 317) with which I can enter Indonesia and then get a KITAS.
I was anxious because the initial email said specifically what is supposed to happen on Day-2, Day-3, etc. But since then nothing has happened.
Anyway, thanks, and I'll give it another week.

Hi Pablo,

The "normal process" as of their email is 5-days with the below steps.
While the timeline is not valid, you can still use the steps as orientation of the advancement of your application:
HARI 1 = Permohonan (Anda berada di tahap ini)
HARI 2 = Verifikasi permohonan
HARI 3 = Pembayaran
HARI 4 = Verifikasi lanjutan
HARI 5 = Keputusan dan penerbitan persetujuan visa

I agree with the other replies to give them more time first and see whether things work out fine automatically. If your documents are complete, the application should at least proceed until the payment step as they can still hold the application/Telex in Step 4/5. If you feel that a follow-up might be helpful, you can try this whatsapp number to contact immigration: +62 821-1376-7654

In case your application is held deliberately due to covid-regulations, you can try to send a letter to
"Direktur Lalu Lintas Keimigrasian di Jakarta" with subject line something like: "Perihal: Permohonan Izin Masuk Suami/Isteri WNA ke Indonesia, Proses Lanjutan VITAS/TELEX permohonan No. XXXX"
In this letter you can then argue about the hardship of the separation from your partner and hope that things will move faster.

Good luck and please let the community know how this works out.

According to DitJen Imigrasi, visa application is only processed for foreigners residing in Indonesia, and for those with certain exemptions.

Many thanks for all the replies. Well, the authorities did finally get back to me.
It seems that the process is up and running, even for people outside of Indonesia (me).
However, my application was rejected! They gave me two reasons:
1) I didn't have a proper sponsor letter. They have told me exactly what should go into that letter and I'm preparing it right now
2) I didn't upload my passport! Very strange because, of course I did that, and in fact I can still view the uploaded images on the system. It only asked for the inside details page and the outside cover. I didn't upload every page of my (large) passport.
Anyway, I've been checking the website and there doesn't seem to be a way of continuing the same application. I mean, I can't get back into the same application number and upload more documents.
So, do I just need to make a second application? (using the same registration name and password as before?)

I guess try and see?
You will soon know if it lets you use the same name etc
Can't see why it wouldn't, that's now your name etc for future attempts

Yes if it was rejected you need apply again, new application

Make sure all the pics are small enough and right format

Yes, make a second application using the same registration name & password.

As for the passport, we were told the same thing about our marriage certificate, ie “it hadn't been uploaded” although we had uploaded it. Turned out the marriage certificate had been uploaded into the wrong column so maybe that is the problem with your passport. but like Snp says, check the size of your images because there is a limit although I forget what it is

"Jenis dokumen upload berwarna (colours) menggunakan format (*JPG, *JPEG) dengan ukuran minimal 50kb dan maskimal 400kb per lembar"

Format must be JPEG and size between 50kb-400kb.

Well, I did make a fresh application and it has reached the next stage, where I need to make the payment. The email says this:

Kode Billing (IDR):8202009074*****
Biaya Persetujuan Visa Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi:Rp 200,000.00
Kode Billing (USD):8202009074*****
Biaya Visa:USD 150.00
Expired Kode Billing:07-10-2020 15:50:33

The instructions aren't so clear.
Do I need to pay both the Rp and the USD?
It says:
"Dollar payments currently can only be made through BRI, BNI and Mandiri banks;
Print the attached Payment Introduction Proof to show it at the time of making the payment;"
As for the Rp payment, how do I do that?
Sorry for being so clueless, but I want to get this right... Thanks.

5 working days. Now factor in the extra delays from system down, overworked etc
Give it another week
Or be more specific and detail what exactly is your worry and what did you apply for?
Can't advise much with such a vague description
Hi Snpark,
Sorry to bother you, but I'm trying to make the payment and I'm not sure what to do.
Could you read my new reply in this thread (today, Sep 08) and tell me what you think, please?

Pay both now at whichever bank, the 200,000 is for admin, the $150 US is for your visa

Get your wife to pay them, the USD figure will be converted to RP for her to pay

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back