Visa Second Home for WNA?

BliGundul

Does anybody know anything about this new Visa yet?
An Indo friend saw this and sent me the following link to CNN Indonesia, which I glanced through in bahasa.

Sounds encouraging, like a step in a good direction.
I figured that somebody on the forum would likely know more about it?

It is a new name for the retirement visa, although I have not found any document with the specific requirements and if they still have a minimum age like the previous retirement visa.

So it sounds like a "retirement" visa for those affluent enough to afford it,
and seemingly too young to be eligible for retirement.
Coming up on my 72nd birthday then, while perhaps a step
in a positive direction, likely inconsequential for this old Hippie.
Thanks for the feedback.

The second home visa is expected to start soon. The retirement visa has been abolished and new applications cannot be submitted anymore.

I am ecstatic, my Ex-WNI daughter who is now WNA, just got confirmation of her new B211A E Visa with her Balinese mom as her sponsor. Extremely frustrating :wall: trying to enroll my wife as a potential sponsor, with a very poorly designed website. However, we hung in there, and it worked, so it will be a lot easier going forward! :) Definitely progress, if they could only fix the website, maybe have a Professional IT person do it? :unsure:

Last edited:
From reading the article it sounds like an investment visa mixed with a retirement one as you still need to contribute to the betterment of the economy. But I don’t think it will allow a foreigner to own property still which would be the point of a second home visa.

Malaysia had a second home visa previously also and that needed money to be kept in a fixed deposit for 2 years as well as purchase a home with a minimum value. Those visas were good for 5 or 10 years only though

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back