Surabaya Church Bombing

What is the matter with these people. It's the same God. Just one group kneels to pray, the other sits.

Toll is climbing, 8 confirmed killed including a child and 38 wounded.

So the word is, it is planned by Aman Abdurrahman, yes the same guy the prison rioters wanted to meet. (And the police still stands by the ‘fact’ it was all about food).

Women on motorcycles with face masks. Choosing easy targets since the police becomes too alert. Not to be a disaster preacher, but it will get much worse. The periods like just before Ramadan and during Christmas, I do not spend in RI anymore. But see what happens here in Europe....

^
Choosing less suspicious assaulters. It seems one or more of the attacks was done that way...I heard the assailants were; two on a bike, one in an Avanza, and a mother with two teenagers (wearing face masks and bomb vests?!).

The churches have a very weak protection obviously. But a volunteer called Aloysius Bayu (married to a teacher and with a young kid) lost his life by trying to stop the terrorist on the bike.

Last edited:
I find it very difficult to understand the mentally of a mother and a father taking their kids to a bombing and how this could possible further aid their strange belief of blowing up innocent people to obtain support for a strange religion that bears no resemblance to the Islam that the majority of Islam that Indonesians follow

I find it very difficult to understand the mentally of a mother and a father taking their kids to a bombing and how this could possible further aid their strange belief of blowing up innocent people to obtain support for a strange religion that bears no resemblance to the Islam that the majority of Islam that Indonesians follow
agree ... I'm thinking Charlie Manson sort of shit, drug induced maybe.

Though still difficult to comprehend, the fact they all just returned from Syria explains a few things.

^
The guy (bomb maker) in the flat died. His two kids are wounded and in the hospital. His wife and their other two children were out. But other sources speak about five people (of which three adults) in the flat.

The father in the Avanza was allegedly the leader of the extremist JAD in Surabaya. And the family had been to Syria (2014).

Last edited:
It's very disheartening that during this time of year, every year, in the Islamic calendar I see an uptick in displays of terrorism and violence. Periods best spent on personal spiritual growth and development are rejected in favor of harming others.

We're harming others, and we're harming ourselves even more in the process.

To our Christian posters and friends, I cannot express the right words. I want you to feel safe and secure in your homes, businesses and places of worship. Just living our lives as Muslims, punching our clocks, paying our taxes... it's not really enough to address what's going on. I want to be able to help, but I really don't know the appropriate or effective way to combat this pathology.

Whenever these events are reported internationally I reflect on just how toxic an atmosphere it creates for Muslims living in western countries. Hateful stares from the non Muslim population, fear and verbal abuse if not physical abuse. However, I imagine that the extremists see this effect as being useful to their cause hoping that moderate Muslims will be driven to extremism when they find themselves victims of abuse in the countries to which they have migrated.

I find it so sad that any one can belive that god will find it all right to blow up innocent children . BECAUSE GOD WON'T FOGIVE YOU FOR THAT. It' the fucking lying hate mongers not your loving god.
These are Muslims , they are devil worshippers weather they know it or not.
Thank you Dan for your thoughts. I'm lucky enough to live some where that it doesn' matter who you worship cause we are all freinds and famliy that respect others faith and makes us better people.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Likaka