Pasar Tebet Barat

I see you guys never walk down gangs.
There are loads of villages in Jakarta, but you have to open your eyes to see them.

There are loads of villages in Jakarta, but you have to open your eyes to see them.

Au contraire, I often walk down such gangs (alleys) and love seeing whats happening, saying hi to the Ibu2's cooking etc and the little kids who never seen a bule before

If that is really the type of room you were looking for, then sure you can find a room in someone's house for 500rb a month, but as mentioned before, don't expect any a/c or even a bathroom
It will be a room with a flimsy plywood door to the street

Are you really honestly that cheap?? Or is it just for the attention and laughs on the forum?

I mean you rent a house for 1.4 jt a month and have business in Jakarta for 6 nights and want to stay in a room that costs 15,000 rp a night ??
Wow
I think you need to ask for a payrise or re-assess your retirement financials, seriously
No offence, but I hope I am not so cheap when I get to your age. You should be enjoying life not counting the pennies

There's being financially astute, and being cheap and thrifty, and just downright being on the poverty line almost?

I know you like to joke about being from Yorkshire and being a tightarse, but if you honestly seriously live like this, worrying about a few hundred rupiah a month, then I pity you and worry for your future in Indonesia if you are really so short of funds that you can't enjoy your life at your age. I hope you don't get ill.

If I may ask, are you retired or still working? Just kepo, sorry

I thought he wanted a room for up to two nights per month? See first post. Therefore my Pop! remark; $25 is cheaper than a 500K rent.

We live close by some of the gangs you mention, Fred. For a shortcut to the SuperIndo I walk through the (with lack of a better word) kampung almost daily. And the live out maids and satpam and drivers stay there. It is amazing, shared bathrooms, the rats, subpar hygiene, directly next to a mosque.....you think that’s romantic or so?

Last edited:
I thought he wanted a room for up to two nights per month? See first post. Therefore my Pop! remark; $25 is cheaper than a 500K rent.

We live close by some of the gangs you mention, Fred. For a shortcut to the SuperIndo I walk through the (with lack of a better word) kampung almost daily. And the live out maids and satpam and drivers stay there. It is amazing, shared bathrooms, the rats, subpar hygiene, directly next to a mosque.....you think that’s romantic or so?

No he wanted a room for 500rp A MONTH because he was going to stay 6 nights a month and couldn't afford / didn't want to spend 500rp a night for POP etc etc hence my reaction

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back