Pandemic - Emergency Stay Permit Expiration

Australia will now impose a cap of 4,175 people allowed to return each week

My guess is that only X number of international flights will be allowed into the country per week, and the current capacity of those flights is 4175.

I'm thinking of those in Bali who want to stay long-term in Bali but don't have a long term visa like a KITAP. They don't want to return to their home countries. They have relied on the visa run system, but now I'm struggling to think of where you would actually go for a visa run.

@Helpful Herbert Their "want" to stay long-term does not provide a right to stay. There is no such thing as a "visa run system", that's simply a loophole that the Indonesian government generally has allowed, but no one relying on that "system" should expect for it to go smoothly forever.

Countries have the right to control what foreigners can stay, for how long, and for what reasons. Sometimes I think Indonesia is being too strict, but generally I think the choices are logical. And I think the new regulations from Imigrasi have been quite generous in the current emergency status.

@Helpful Herbert Their "want" to stay long-term does not provide a right to stay. There is no such thing as a "visa run system", that's simply a loophole that the Indonesian government generally has allowed, but no one relying on that "system" should expect for it to go smoothly forever.

Countries have the right to control what foreigners can stay, for how long, and for what reasons. Sometimes I think Indonesia is being too strict, but generally I think the choices are logical. And I think the new regulations from Imigrasi have been quite generous in the current emergency status.

Exactly

The Kitas extension can be submitted one business day before expiration

Well-noted. Thank you.

30 day grace period started today already day 1. So you have 29 days to submit / extend your visa or leave.

I'm eligible for this?

Perhaps I should clarify (mostly for myself). I'm a KITAS holder sponsored by my workplace which I renew each year. I've been inside Indonesia since the pandemic had begun. So my questions are:

1. Did my KITAS automatically becomes an Emergency Stay Permit during the temporary rule change that just happened or does it have to expire first before it becomes an Emergency Stay Permit?

2. My KITAS' expiration date is Friday next week (ie. it never expired during the the time the Emergency Stay Permits was enacted). Does the end of this Emergency Stay Permit period means I have 30 days or until Friday next week to extend?

I'll extend sooner or later either way but I just want to be clear.

1. Did my KITAS automatically becomes an Emergency Stay Permit during the temporary rule change that just happened or does it have to expire first before it becomes an Emergency Stay Permit?

ESP was only issued to expired permits. Your KITAS is still valid.

2. My KITAS' expiration date is Friday next week (ie. it never expired during the the time the Emergency Stay Permits was enacted). Does the end of this Emergency Stay Permit period means I have 30 days or until Friday next week to extend?

To be safe, I would begin extension before next Friday.

For any extension you should always start at least 7 days before expiration, you don't lose the days, it continues from the expiry

Well-noted. Thank you.

I'm eligible for this?

Perhaps I should clarify (mostly for myself). I'm a KITAS holder sponsored by my workplace which I renew each year. I've been inside Indonesia since the pandemic had begun. So my questions are:

You have a valid unexpired Kitas? Nothing to worry about it did not affect you, just submit as normal before it expires for processing

Australia is going to put limits on number returning on any one day. "Australia will now impose a cap of 4,175 people allowed to return each week and those returning will also have to pay for a mandatory 14-day quarantine in a hotel, which until now had been paid for by state governments.

Not sure how a person making a booking overseas is to know whether they will be affected on any given day. Just another sad complication for people stuck overseas.
And the quarantine fee is:
$3,000 for one adult
$1,000 for each additional adult
$500 for each child aged three and over (children under three years will stay free of charge)

Welcome home

Asking for a friend. When did Immigration implement a home visit for a KITAS? I have seen no changes on this and as far as their information they put out, only KITAP has home visit.
I have a feeling my friend is getting caught up in the corruption mode of immigrations. They have tried rousting him for added cash with his kitas too. They will gladly take care of his envelopes for 5 juta since there is so much to it. BS, he now knows the Wilaya is 5 minutes away and DitGenIm is a cheap JNE envelope. They like to say you have to personally go to Jakarta. The immigration head here rousted a 1st kitas guy for 10 juta I have discovered. Same guy that tried to tell me it was mandatory to own property if getting a kitap. If course, he had sone cheap property to sell.

I just tell these guys, don't worry, I will follow all the written laws. Ass hole. The young staff do a good job but he makes everything go through him.

We had a home visit for Kitas in Bali but there was no suggestion of "paying" for the visit. And a home visit for Kitap, again without money involved.

For kitas yes they sometimes do an office or home visit to make sure its a genuine application.

I never had a home visit for 2 KITAS and 2 KITAPs but I think they are allowed / encouraged by law to do one.

I had a home visit for my first KITAS(North Jakarta) and KITAP(West Jakarta) application.s A simple home visit to see if you live where you say you do and you are actually married. My wife was out of town for the KITAP visit, but spoke to them on the phone.

When they came for the KITAS, they were in uniform. When they came for the KITAP, they looked like university students with an id badge. Just answered a few questions and offered them tea, coffee, or water. Usually it was 15 minutes or less.

I am American and currently holding a ITK (SosBud/Tourist Visa) and if not mistaken, I need to leave Indonesia soon to process another ITK visa. I am aware that Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Philippines, etc not allowing any foreign passengers (tourist).

I read Cambodia allowing foreign passenger but need to place a deposit of USD3000.00 (need to confirm).

The worst scenario is to travel back to USA and process my visit there.

I would like to know as of today where are foreigners are traveling in SE Asian countries to process their Indonesia visa without 14 days quarantine.

"I would like to know as of today where are foreigners are traveling in SE Asian countries to process their Indonesia visa without 14 days quarantine."

A difficulty with this is that the advice received today may not be still valid when you arrive at your destination. However, If you read these threads you will see that Immigration here has allowed concessions to deal with these matters

Last edited by a moderator:
EdCbfRgVcAEgUcH.jpg

A bit unclear what "flights are available" means here. I mean yes, technically they are available, but you may have to fly something like Jakarta - Doha - Sydney...

@dafluff

I found the source for that (DitJen Instagram), and it is clearly directed at B211, D212, and VOA visa holders in the first slide. That is very confusing. Is it directed at those with active visas, never converted to ITKT emergency visa, or also to all those who were on those visas and now on ITKT emergency visa? If they still have an active visa, they are forced to leave if there is an available flight? That would contradict this section of the official statement:
Perpanjangan Izin Tinggal Kunjungan (ITK), Izin Tinggal Terbatas (ITAS ), dan Izin Tinggal Tetap (ITAP ) yang masih berlaku

• Orang Asing pemegang ITK, ITAS dan ITAP yang masih berlaku dan berada di Indonesia dapat mengajukan permohonan perpanjangan izin tinggal pada Kantor Imigrasi sesuai dengan ketentuan peraturan perundang-undangan.

If it's referring to those on ITKT emergency visa, that would seem to contradict this section which says that the pandemic must be over AND flights available
Pemegang ITK
a) Orang Asing pemegang ITK yang telah memperoleh ITKT, dapat memperpanjang izin tinggalnya berdasarkan ITK sebelumnya selama masa pandemi Covid-19 belum berakhir dan belum ada alat angkut untuk keluar wilayah Indonesia.

Last edited:
View attachment 1505

A bit unclear what "flights are available" means here. I mean yes, technically they are available, but you may have to fly something like Jakarta - Doha - Sydney...

Impossible from immigration to check every available flight. By information I got, extensions going without problems in Jakarta and Bali, if somebody has another info would be good to know.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819