(Needed) process to get newborn documents

Sanur

Due to have a baby soon. Would like to self process the birth certificate, dual citizenship(usa) and the addition of him on our kk.

Thanks in advance

Hi Sanur,

Here is what we did:

After our son was born my wife took the letter from the hospital (Siloam) to our local Catatan Sipil to process the Indonesian birth certificate. I believe it took around 30 days to get the hard copy in hand. After we had the birth cert, we made an appointment on the US embassy website. There were a few forms we had to fill out, which are available on the embassy's website. We also applied for our son's US passport and SSN card. The passport is issued at the embassy (though takes a couple weeks), but the SSN card is processed in the Philippines and mailed to the address you provide. You will need to provide evidence US citizenship for the American parent, proof of physical presences in the US anytime prior to the child's birth (for US parent), proof of marriage, and the Indonesian birth cert. Here is a link for a check list of things you will need. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/i...ecklist_for_a_CRBA_update_January_4_2016_.pdf

Cheers
Bang

Thanks seems simple enough. Was it easy to add to kk with just birth certificate

Thanks seems simple enough. Was it easy to add to kk with just birth certificate

The hospital may even have people taking care of this for you for a reasonable fee (or free). They will handle the birth certificate and KK part. Interestingly enough, the Indonesian birth certificate now comes bilingual with perfect English. Saves you the hassle of having it translated.

Yes but ours will be complicated for 2 reasons. I will have kitap by end of year and baby will be born in bali but kk is and will stay lombok. Like to add both at same time.

Hi Sanur,

Yes it was easy enough to add our son to my wife's KK. I believe all we used for the KK was my son's Indonesian Birth Cert. Then went through the normal process for the KK.

Interestingly enough, the Indonesian birth certificate now comes bilingual with perfect English. Saves you the hassle of having it translated.
Seriously? That's nice! Since when is that? 2 years ago it was still in Indonesian only.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819