MERP Extension Online

Did you do it yourself or with an agent's help?

Tried to do mine (with an agent) as it expired last week. Apparently the original KTP is required when extending a MERP and back when I got my KTP in 2020, it was done on a cheap ass piece of paper and crappy printer quality. It deteriorated in no time to a point my face is almost unrecognizable. So for the first time I tried to see if getting a new one is easy (saw a twitter from the head of catsip? saying it's easy and free).

So I went to the Kantor Kelurahan, only to be told that they produces only WNI's KTP but they gave me a phone number to whatsapp and to renew at Walikota. I sent a whatsapp...and then a pretty quick response asking for KK#, KTP, pasport number and KITAP. I sent it.

Went to the walikota the same day and got a number, did not take long for me to get called..and was directed to the 'photo/computer area' but as always 'system is down'. So the kind mbak in that room asked me if it's okay for them to just use my old picture (apparently they do have it in the system....my pic from 2017....). I just said ok...so after being given a receipt with a phone number (and a big stamp 'Gratis' on it) I went home. Waited just pretty much a couple days (not counting Sat/Sun) I messaged them again....and within a couple minutes they replied the KTP is done and it's E-KTP now...pink! (VS blue for WNI). Not too bad and pretty painless!

Did you do it yourself or with an agent's help?

Tried to do mine (with an agent) as it expired last week. Apparently the original KTP is required when extending a MERP and back when I got my KTP in 2020, it was done on a cheap ass piece of paper and crappy printer quality. It deteriorated in no time to a point my face is almost unrecognizable. So for the first time I tried to see if getting a new one is easy (saw a twitter from the head of catsip? saying it's easy and free).

So I went to the Kantor Kelurahan, only to be told that they produces only WNI's KTP but they gave me a phone number to whatsapp and to renew at Walikota. I sent a whatsapp...and then a pretty quick response asking for KK#, KTP, pasport number and KITAP. I sent it.

Went to the walikota the same day and got a number, did not take long for me to get called..and was directed to the 'photo/computer area' but as always 'system is down'. So the kind mbak in that room asked me if it's okay for them to just use my old picture (apparently they do have it in the system....my pic from 2017....). I just said ok...so after being given a receipt with a phone number (and a big stamp 'Gratis' on it) I went home. Waited just pretty much a couple days (not counting Sat/Sun) I messaged them again....and within a couple minutes they replied the KTP is done and it's E-KTP now...pink! (VS blue for WNI). Not too bad and pretty painless!
Interesting. I might sound stupid here but did they somehow change the colors or have colors for boys and girls now?😉
I got my KTP OA in 2020 too and it is blue.

Ps: I just saw the color for the child ktp seems to be pink. Ya, don't know whats up with all of that.

Did it myself/ with my spouse, the hoops this time where the photocopies of KK, Buku Nika and copy of my original email kitap and passport photo page and kitap stamp and merp stamp. Thank god this time I had everything all ready on my phone in pdf and just went across to the copy shop and printed the small paperback I needed... and yes I got my new Pink KTP, this time home delivered by a cohort from the kantor Cipil. I didn't have to furnish any photo they just used the photo from the Blue one they issued previously which still had 3 years approx to go... Before that I had twice been issued illegible dark green paper ones that disintegrated within a few months in my wallet like banana's... It made me feel a bit like I had a new pink star, a la 1945....

Did it myself/ with my spouse, the hoops this time where the photocopies of KK, Buku Nika and copy of my original email kitap and passport photo page and kitap stamp and merp stamp. Thank god this time I had everything all ready on my phone in pdf and just went across to the copy shop and printed the small paperback I needed... and yes I got my new Pink KTP, this time home delivered by a cohort from the kantor Cipil. I didn't have to furnish any photo they just used the photo from the Blue one they issued previously which still had 3 years approx to go... Before that I had twice been issued illegible dark green paper ones that disintegrated within a few months in my wallet like banana's... It made me feel a bit like I had a new pink star, a la 1945....
nice. how long did it take you total? did you have to go to a few different buildings to do it or just your regional immigration office?

Took about an hour, but it's a 6 hour round trip to regional office... So it's always a dreaded day out. I just left the passport at the imigrasi office and later that afternoon they emailed me an invoice with a billing code so I could pay online. I paid it by ATM and then received an email notification of the new MERP 2 days later. They sent a WA saying it was ready for collection not long after the e-notice come through. Now I'm just dreading the 6 hour round trip to collect my passport sometime this week, because the day I intend to leave for an overseas excursion is a weekend day, so I will have to make a special trip just to collect the passport.. it's the price you pay to live in paradise!

Took about an hour, but it's a 6 hour round trip to regional office... So it's always a dreaded day out. I just left the passport at the imigrasi office and later that afternoon they emailed me an invoice with a billing code so I could pay online. I paid it by ATM and then received an email notification of the new MERP 2 days later. They sent a WA saying it was ready for collection not long after the e-notice come through. Now I'm just dreading the 6 hour round trip to collect my passport sometime this week, because the day I intend to leave for an overseas excursion is a weekend day, so I will have to make a special trip just to collect the passport.. it's the price you pay to live in paradise!
Outside the 6 hour round trip, seemed like a pretty easy process!

Yes, it may seem that way but as a process it has been hard earned over the years of transactions with this particular office ... It's relative and still somehow painful !

Just went to the immigration in Batam today to get my MERP extended. They asked for the whole set of copys and some originals as when you make a new Kitap. The forms you also have to type yourself, cannot be done with hand writing, which made me go home again, cause I live pretty close, to type and later I go back.😅

Just went to the immigration in Batam today to get my MERP extended. They asked for the whole set of copys and some originals as when you make a new Kitap. The forms you also have to type yourself, cannot be done with hand writing, which made me go home again, cause I live pretty close, to type and later I go back.😅
No typing centre outside for 5rb a page?

Yeah, Iam usually pretty satisfied with how it works here but some things at some places are a bit inconvenient. For example our Kelurahan here doesn't have a copy machine. If you've been there for the second time you can kindly ask them if u can use theirs. But ya..who to blame, in the end it's also not up to the workers.

Hoops and roundabouts! The main thing is to stay calm and do as asked and say thank you so much you guys are amazing!

Did anyone ever manage to renew an expired MERP? Mine expires in November. My US Passport expires next February, and I know they sometimes don’t extent the MERP past the passport expiration date.

Thinking of just getting my next MERP after my new US passport is obtained.

I would get your new passport asap first if I was you. You don't know what could happen and it's not far away anyway
Plus you can't travel with less than 6 months remaining

If you aren't going to travel out of Indonesia and will renew your US passport in Indonesia perhaps as you say it's best to wait till you have your new passport and get your Kitas or Kitap transferred to the new passport and renew your Merp at the same time... 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. But I would renew my passport and complete all the formalities asap, before your Merp expires and save yourself extra drama. It could turn into an imigrasi daymere.

Did anyone ever manage to renew an expired MERP? Mine expires in November. My US Passport expires next February, and I know they sometimes don’t extent the MERP past the passport expiration date.

Thinking of just getting my next MERP after my new US passport is obtained.
In July last year, some while after My MERP had expired, I had to return to Aus. Made an application (not on line) and it was available next day. But then I still had a couple of years on may passport.

I would get your new passport asap first if I was you. You don't know what could happen and it's not far away anyway
Plus you can't travel with less than 6 months remaining
US citizens can’t be denied entry to their own country, even if the passport is expired. Now, of course, the airline in another country has to allow it to happen.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819