MERP Extension Online

Wrong! How are you guys getting this from what I wrote. I am not breaking in laws or using anyone to do so. Good grief read the posting.
So many dodgy agents mislead people - I have a friend who was working on a KITAS only to find out it was a total fake - his agent had been "renewing" it for 3 years or something. He only realized when he got annoyed that the agent was costing the company so much (he is the MD) and tried to change to a new one. The new agent wouldn't take him on due to the dodgy KITAS situation. He had to leave Indonesia and somehow managed to get a proper KITAS with a legit agent a few months down the line.
Just because the agent tells you it's okay doesn't mean it is.

Why do I feel sorry I asked the question here. Not one real answer, incredible.
Then I will ask again; You can get a KITAS as a spouse, retired person, worker, investor (with 1 billion rupiah shares), or ex-WNI. Do you fit any of those categories?

It is common for agents to obtain a KITAS for clients using one of the above categories, usually investor, when it is not actually true the person has invested in a legitimate PT PMA. If that is what your agent did, it is illegal and you stand to be blacklisted from Indonesia for many years. Also, pertaining to your immediate question, you can not renew without their cooperation.
Probably retired person is how the agent got it.

Why do I feel sorry I asked the question here. Not one real answer, incredible.

Probably retired person is how the agent got it.
You have not provided the information necessary in order to give a real answer. The kind of KITAS you have determines what you can do with or without an agent. It is crucial that you figure that out first, you should have a copy of your KITAS and it will say the purpose of the visa just below your name, address, gender, etc. If it is a retirement visa, an agent is required.

You have not provided the information necessary in order to give a real answer. The kind of KITAS you have determines what you can do with or without an agent. It is crucial that you figure that out first, you should have a copy of your KITAS and it will say the purpose of the visa just below your name, address, gender, etc. If it is a retirement visa, an agent is required.
It's a LImited Stay Permit, how is that different from a Retirement Permit?

It's a LImited Stay Permit, how is that different from a Retirement Permit?

A Limited Stay Permit is the name of the actual permit (Ijin Tinggal Terbatas). There is no "Retirement Permit", only a Limited Stay Permit given for the purpose of retirement.

Specifically for your original question: unless your Limited Stay Permit is given due to family or ex-WNI reasons, it is either very unlikely (Work, Investment) or impossible by law (Retirement) to do on your own.

Moderation note:

Some posts that were speculative and tangent to the discussion of this thread have been removed. As our PG notes:

Do not attempt to moderate other users. Attempting to moderate other users while not a moderator or impersonating a moderator by telling someone they have done something wrong or against the rules, and other similar behavior (Junior Modding, Back Seat Modding) is prohibited.

A reminder that if you have any issues with another user's post, the correct way to deal with it is to use the report button.

What kind of Kitas do you have? I have friend in Bali and he said his agent can beat the price!

Well I got married recently and told my sponsor I would have my wife get me the spousal E ITAS and says filing the EPO with immigration services will cost 2.5 juta rupiah or 2.5 million rupiah. I never heard of an EPO costing that much, I think it's a rip off. Anyone paid that much for an EPO before?

Well I got married recently and told my sponsor I would have my wife get me the spousal E ITAS and says filing the EPO with immigration services will cost 2.5 juta rupiah or 2.5 million rupiah. I never heard of an EPO costing that much, I think it's a rip off. Anyone paid that much for an EPO before?
If I recall correctly, there is no cost at immigration for the EPO, so your sponsor is trying to make a profit. What was the nature of your current ITAS and relationship to the sponsor? It sounds as though your sponsor is an agent, and seeing that he is going to lose you as a customer is giving a very expensive price for the last service you need from him. If an agent sponsored you on an ITAS to begin with, I question for what purpose and if it was done legitimately. If this is an agent assisting/representing your actual sponsor (university/company/etc) then you can go straight to the actual sponsor to assist you in arranging the EPO.

If I recall correctly, there is no cost at immigration for the EPO, so your sponsor is trying to make a profit. What was the nature of your current ITAS and relationship to the sponsor? It sounds as though your sponsor is an agent, and seeing that he is going to lose you as a customer is giving a very expensive price for the last service you need from him. If an agent sponsored you on an ITAS to begin with, I question for what purpose and if it was done legitimately. If this is an agent assisting/representing your actual sponsor (university/company/etc) then you can go straight to the actual sponsor to assist you in arranging the EPO.
Hey R Cameron
I used this agent for the ITAS. They set everything up and were quite professional during the entire process and no issues. Once I requested they submit the EPO then they said I have to pay the 2.5 juta. Yeah he knows he is losing a customer and wants to charge for what should be a free service. I told them that but no reply yet. I also told them to file the EPO and lets move on. I'll just wait and see what their next move is.

Hey R Cameron
I used this agent for the ITAS. They set everything up and were quite professional during the entire process and no issues. Once I requested they submit the EPO then they said I have to pay the 2.5 juta. Yeah he knows he is losing a customer and wants to charge for what should be a free service. I told them that but no reply yet. I also told them to file the EPO and lets move on. I'll just wait and see what their next move is.
Who is the official sponsor? What is the type of ITAS? Spouse, investment, employment, student, etc?

If you used an agent who supplied an ITAS while you had not invested a large sum in a PT PMA, been employed by a PT, or been enrolled as a student, it is likely you both broke some laws in providing you a visa under false pretenses. I have googled and seen other agents offering the EPO for 500,000-1,000,000. It will take them some time and effort to organize, so they ought to charge something for that time, but 2.5 juta is very expensive.

I suggest you offer him about 750k and accept if he counters at 1 juta. If he sticks with 2.5 juta tell him you will have to think about it and consult with immigration directly about options to arrange it yourself. And then do that. Go to immigration and ask them how to arrange an EPO with an uncooperative sponsor.

Last edited:
Who is the official sponsor? What is the type of ITAS? Spouse, investment, employment, student, etc?

If you used an agent who supplied an ITAS while you had not invested a large sum in a PT PMA, been employed by a PT, or been enrolled as a student, it is likely you both broke some laws in providing you a visa under false pretenses. I have googled and seen other agents offering the EPO for 500,000-1,000,000. It will take them some time and effort to organize, so they ought to charge something for that time, but 2.5 juta is very expensive.

I suggest you offer him about 750k and accept if he counters at 1 juta. If he sticks with 2.5 juta tell him you will have to think about it and consult with immigration directly about options to arrange it yourself. And then do that. Go to immigration and ask them how to arrange an EPO with an uncooperative sponsor.
No laws were broken this is a legit sponsor I know that for sure. Rami Visa located in Bali is my sponsor. Now the offer is 2 juta for the EPO 2.5 if I want express service. I did explain I thought price for this EPO was to high so I'll see what they say. I'll make an offer of 1 million also. They said if I go with the 2 million it will take about 5 days to process and my wife won't have time to apply for a visa for me which I think is bs because if they tell me when they applied the EPO that should not be an issue.

No laws were broken this is a legit sponsor I know that for sure. Rami Visa located in Bali is my sponsor. Now the offer is 2 juta for the EPO 2.5 if I want express service. I did explain I thought price for this EPO was to high so I'll see what they say. I'll make an offer of 1 million also. They said if I go with the 2 million it will take about 5 days to process and my wife won't have time to apply for a visa for me which I think is bs because if they tell me when they applied the EPO that should not be an issue.
The KITAS says Retirement KITAS on the actual document.

Have you actually talked to Immigration? Are you planning to actually leave the country or trying to stay in the country while changing to a spouse visa? Of course the rules for what you can do on-shore have changed during the course of Covid. If it's an on-shore change, do you even need an EPO?
The KITAS says Retirement KITAS on the actual document.
I see, I had not considered that option when I made the previous posts. Did they give you a list of their services and fees when you originally made visa with them? See if you have that list and it states their price for EPO. The retirement visa does uniquely tie one to an agent, and you may be out of luck and subject to their demands.

If you are on retirement's ITAS you are at the agent's mercy. I have seen EPO being charged 4-5 million to a client (retiree) that is leaving the agent with intention of not coming back.

And in the end, they could be so mean that they make the EPO with the deadline to exit from Indonesia on that day, so if you do not you get the overstay fees on the top.

Have you actually talked to Immigration? Are you planning to actually leave the country or trying to stay in the country while changing to a spouse visa? Of course the rules for what you can do on-shore have changed during the course of Covid. If it's an on-shore change, do you even need an EPO?

I see, I had not considered that option when I made the previous posts. Did they give you a list of their services and fees when you originally made visa with them? See if you have that list and it states their price for EPO. The retirement visa does uniquely tie one to an agent, and you may be out of luck and subject to their demands.
I am not leaving Indonesian before my KITAS expires which is in June and hopefully remain here while the change is taken place. If not I can easily go to Thailand if necessary, I've done that before. I have not spoken to immigration yet but will tomorrow to see if there are other options. I do have a list from the agent but the EPO is not listed on it.

If you are on retirement's ITAS you are at the agent's mercy. I have seen EPO being charged 4-5 million to a client (retiree) that is leaving the agent with intention of not coming back.

And in the end, they could be so mean that they make the EPO with the deadline to exit from Indonesia on that day, so if you do not you get the overstay fees on the top.
Wow up to 5 million that's insane. I'll how I can get around that cost if not then I'll grudgingly pay it.

Does anyone know how long before the MERP expires one can renew it?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back