MERP Extension Online

dannyboy

Hello all,

I heard that MERP extension now can be done online (well at least part of it). Has anyone here had any experience with this?

Cheers.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
Would be an interesting solution.

I think you can do it online but as soon as you arrived in Indonesia, you must go to immigration to get the physical stamp ( QRcode).
Hubby's MERP will Expired on 6 April but he will be travelling , so we went to Bogor New Immigration office in December just to get complete new 2 years MERP but they wont let us do that , but instead they told us to go back on 10th to re-new the existing 2 years ( which was 3 months before its expired, and its the earliest you can renew your 2 years MERP), we went there on the 10th , Paid 1.750jt and on 13th got email that MERP was ready, now he has 2 years and 3 months extra MERP.. lucky huh!

I am not sure that the online MERP extension works at all. Let us know if you have succeeded.

So unfortunately I did not manage to extend the MERP online. For whatever reason my file in the online system was assigned to Kantor Imigrasi Denpasar (even though it should be Java). I never heard from them again. BUT a family member in Java went to the local Kantor Imigrasi and they agreed to extend the MERP with me being overseas. Although I've been away for more than a year (because of the whole Covid situation) they were very understanding and offered to help. We needed to supply the usual documents. A few days later I got a fresh 1-year MERP sent to me by email. Now, it remains to be seen if they will let me in at the airport in Jakarta in a few weeks. As I said, I've been away from Indonesia for over a year so let's see if it impacts my KITAP.

I had a sponsor do my KITAS/MERP and for 19 juta rupiah and it's time to renew it in 2.5 months and the sponsor wants 14 juta to renew it. Is there anyway I can do this myself. I am single and was wondering do I really need a sponsor to renew it? I have been told I do and then I don't so anyone with a firm answer on this please respond. Just trying to save some tunai (cash).

I had a sponsor do my KITAS/MERP and for 19 juta rupiah and it's time to renew it in 2.5 months and the sponsor wants 14 juta to renew it. Is there anyway I can do this myself. I am single and was wondering do I really need a sponsor to renew it? I have been told I do and then I don't so anyone with a firm answer on this please respond. Just trying to save some tunai (cash).
Single? So, not on a spouse sponsored kitas. Are you working for a company that is sponsoring you? If so, they should be doing the renewal. You would need either a spouse or Business sponsor for a kitas. You can not just have anyone you are not connected to sponsor you. Yes, it is normally easy to do yourself but I just don't understand how you have a kitas now. A sosbud can be sponsored by any indonesian citizen, not a kitas.

Curious, are you by chance teaching somewhere?

Single? So, not on a spouse sponsored kitas. Are you working for a company that is sponsoring you? If so, they should be doing the renewal. You would need either a spouse or Business sponsor for a kitas. You can not just have anyone you are not connected to sponsor you. Yes, it is normally easy to do yourself but I just don't understand how you have a kitas now. A sosbud can be sponsored by any indonesian citizen, not a kitas.

Curious, are you by chance teaching somewhere?
Actually no I don't work at all and yeah I am single sort of. I have a child but we are not married yet we are working on that. No teaching or anything. I used a registered travel agent who is charging 14 juta to renew it that is how I got the KITAS initially. I was thinking maybe I can renew it myself.

Actually no I don't work at all and yeah I am single sort of. I have a child but we are not married yet we are working on that. No teaching or anything. I used a registered travel agent who is charging 14 juta to renew it that is how I got the KITAS initially. I was thinking maybe I can renew it myself.

You can get a KITAS as a spouse, retired person, worker, investor (with 1 billion rupiah shares), or ex-WNI. Do you fit any of those categories? If not then the agent is getting your KITAS illegally, likely by listing you as an investor in an empty company, so your choices are to just do what he says or to part ways and figure out a different visa. Hurry up and get married. Perhaps a B211 visit visa until then.

That is highly illegal just fyi

So, it seems you are paying someone to break the kaw in your name. I would highly suggest you go one of the legal ways because you would then be legal and save yourself 10 juta or so. These things have a way of catching up to you and it sure won't be the agent getting fined, deported, and blacklisted.

Your in the country illegally through a bodgey set up by a bodgey agent and will face deportation if found out , also won't be able to return to the country for 10 years possibly never . I'd be going through a registered agent . First you'd have to get married and possibly have to leave the country to apply for the spouse sponsored vitas which you'd collect at the Indonesian embassy wherever your home contry is . Return to Indonesia on the Vitas and convert to spouse sponsored Kitas within 14 days . After 2 years of marriage you can convert to the Kitap . Just been through 6 years of shit getting renewals and recently converting to the 5 year Kitap , the first 2 getting the Vitas and converting to Kitas and the first Kitas renewal with a well known agent that consistently said things had changed and I'd need this and that which wasn't required when I did it myself and was charging me 2-3 times more than other registered agents and wouldn't travel to my region to arrange or pick up letters which they were charging me for as they deemed it to far away. Use the agent for the Vitas and first Kitas then do it yourself after that . I saved about 50 million rupiah in agent fees . Agents are only in it for the $$ and the more they can bullshit you about requirements , fees etc the more goes in there pocket . Doing the original vitas , kitas is complicated , loads of paperwork , getting approvals from every dept etc but the kitas renewal and conversion to kitap are a walk in the park . PS , you'll need a letter from your home country embassy "Letter Of Recognition of Marriage" . Some guys have needed it for all stages I was only told about it when I inquired about converting "Alhi Status " to the Kitap . The Australian Embassy here in Jawa Timur "Surabaya" did it for 800,000rp . Had to send all the required letters , copies of ID etc by registered mail and they returned it within 7 days by registered mail . They test you with all there bullshit , every Immigration office and every officer has there own interpretation of the rules but if your determent to live here with your lady and child do it legally .

Your in the country illegally through a bodgey set up by a bodgey agent and will face deportation if found out , also won't be able to return to the country for 10 years possibly never . I'd be going through a registered agent . First you'd have to get married and possibly have to leave the country to apply for the spouse sponsored vitas which you'd collect at the Indonesian embassy wherever your home contry is . Return to Indonesia on the Vitas and convert to spouse sponsored Kitas within 14 days . After 2 years of marriage you can convert to the Kitap . Just been through 6 years of shit getting renewals and recently converting to the 5 year Kitap , the first 2 getting the Vitas and converting to Kitas and the first Kitas renewal with a well known agent that consistently said things had changed and I'd need this and that which wasn't required when I did it myself and was charging me 2-3 times more than other registered agents and wouldn't travel to my region to arrange or pick up letters which they were charging me for as they deemed it to far away. Use the agent for the Vitas and first Kitas then do it yourself after that . I saved about 50 million rupiah in agent fees . Agents are only in it for the $$ and the more they can bullshit you about requirements , fees etc the more goes in there pocket . Doing the original vitas , kitas is complicated , loads of paperwork , getting approvals from every dept etc but the kitas renewal and conversion to kitap are a walk in the park . PS , you'll need a letter from your home country embassy "Letter Of Recognition of Marriage" . Some guys have needed it for all stages I was only told about it when I inquired about converting "Alhi Status " to the Kitap . The Australian Embassy here in Jawa Timur "Surabaya" did it for 800,000rp . Had to send all the required letters , copies of ID etc by registered mail and they returned it within 7 days by registered mail . They test you with all there bullshit , every Immigration office and every officer has there own interpretation of the rules but if your determent to live here with your lady and child do it legally .
Thanks for the reply but no I am NOT HERE ILLEGALLY. I am not sure what gave you that idea. As I state in my posting I used an agent and go the KITAS all I am talking about is renewing it myself versus using the agent who wants 17 plus juta to renew it.

So, it seems you are paying someone to break the kaw in your name. I would highly suggest you go one of the legal ways because you would then be legal and save yourself 10 juta or so. These things have a way of catching up to you and it sure won't be the agent getting fined, deported, and blacklisted.

Wrong! How are you guys getting this from what I wrote. I am not breaking in laws or using anyone to do so. Good grief read the posting.

Thanks for the reply but no I am NOT HERE ILLEGALLY.
Then I will ask again; You can get a KITAS as a spouse, retired person, worker, investor (with 1 billion rupiah shares), or ex-WNI. Do you fit any of those categories?

It is common for agents to obtain a KITAS for clients using one of the above categories, usually investor, when it is not actually true the person has invested in a legitimate PT PMA. If that is what your agent did, it is illegal and you stand to be blacklisted from Indonesia for many years. Also, pertaining to your immediate question, you can not renew without their cooperation.

Plus if you were really working for a company you wouldn't be paying for any of it. The company would be taking care of everything.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats