[email protected] this what I get

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Wow, so beautiful, but also kinda scary looking.

This is in Egypt?

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Eyes in the back of your head ---- no big deal; my spouse has those.

Wisnu

Charter Member
Wow, so beautiful, but also kinda scary looking.

This is in Egypt?

Thanks Jaime
actually jumping spider is lovely pet, because they are cute and friendly. Jumping spiders are also very intelligent, and can interact with you in a way other spiders don't.

yes, this pic taken at home in Egypt. But you can find jumping spider everywhere - just not notice because of relatively small size, typically less than 1 cm. Look carefully at your garden, may be they are there - don't kill. Check at youtube, lot of information how to take care this critter.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Thanks Jaime
actually jumping spider is lovely pet, because they are cute and friendly. Jumping spiders are also very intelligent, and can interact with you in a way other spiders don't.

yes, this pic taken at home in Egypt. But you can find jumping spider everywhere - just not notice because of relatively small size, typically less than 1 cm. Look carefully at your garden, may be they are there - don't kill. Check at youtube, lot of information how to take care this critter.
Interesting! I generally don’t kill spiders unless they are crawling on me, and just as a reaction. I recall soaking in a huge bathtub at a nice hotel 15 years ago. I had my eyes closed, and all of a sudden felt something on my chest. A spider had come down from the ceiling... Scared me.

harryopal

Charter Member
There are of course lethal spiders but most spiders just want to stay out of harms' way. Quite often I found large huntsman spiders in the house back in Australia. I usually caught them using a clear plastic container by slapping it over them on the wall or wherever and then sliding a piece of cardboard between the wall and the container. I would then release them outside. Hated it when slapping the wall I would occasionally cut off a leg. Consoled somewhat knowing spiders can regrow legs.

Getting into my car one day, about to go for a jog, and found a huntsman inside the area of the control pedals. I opened the car door and tried to evict the spider by flicking my hand towards the door. It latched onto my finger. I wasn't sure if a huntsman had venom so rather than keel over while running I checked at the local hospital. I was told the huntsman doesn't have venom but some people can have an allergic reaction to the bite. I stayed for about half an hour but had no adverse reaction. What did impress me was that the bite drew blood.

Glixar

Great pics! You've certainly got a good eye. Must have one heck of a close up lens too?

Wisnu

Charter Member
Great pics! You've certainly got a good eye. Must have one heck of a close up lens too?
Thanks.
For macro, I rely on Oly M.Zuiko 60mm and sometime with diopter. Same set up I use for underwater macro.

stt_cibubur

Cager
They are all look amazing. I found many creatures in my garden, like slugs , snails, butterflies, frogs, spiders, shinny lizard, long tail lizard, birds and last week while clearing up back garden I found 2 birds nest, 1 nest with 4 eggs and 1 nest with 4 babies in it. Yesterday all the baby birds finally free flew away ,yay I am happy Granny lol .. but too bad I don't have the macro zoom camera.

Wisnu

Charter Member
They are all look amazing. I found many creatures in my garden, like slugs , snails, butterflies, frogs, spiders, shinny lizard, long tail lizard, birds and last week while clearing up back garden I found 2 birds nest, 1 nest with 4 eggs and 1 nest with 4 babies in it. Yesterday all the baby birds finally free flew away ,yay I am happy Granny lol .. but too bad I don't have the macro zoom camera.
Thanks stt_cibubur
there's so many things around us could be an interesting object for compact camera or even mobile phone. macro and WA lenses for mobile phone is also available. Good enough for IG or FB.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SwingNinja