KTP for KITAP holders.

colroe

Charter Member
I have never had a KTP. I have a first KITAP expiring next February, so plenty of time. Have done a search on the site but so many opinions. Is there a requirement for Kitap holders to obtain a KTP? A law reference would be great rather than opinions. Many thanks.

I know that as a KITAP holder I'm supposed to have an E-KTP orang asing but the two times I've been to the East Jakarta Dinas Kependudukan they've told me that their system is unable to handle the request and they've ended up issuing me with a very unimpressive the plain old KTP orang asing (the last time was 2018).
Do most people here on this forum already possess the E version?

I know that as a KITAP holder I'm supposed to have an E-KTP orang asing but the two times I've been to the East Jakarta Dinas Kependudukan they've told me that their system is unable to handle the request and they've ended up issuing me with a very unimpressive the plain old KTP orang asing (the last time was 2018).
Do most people here on this forum already possess the E version?
I have a ktp oa like you , issued in bali .

If you are KITAP holder sponsored by company, don't bother, it's "optional". If you are KITAP holder sponsored by your spouse, then get KTP OA (especially if you are planning to have kids soon).

If you are KITAP holder sponsored by company, don't bother, it's "optional". If you are KITAP holder sponsored by your spouse, then get KTP OA (especially if you are planning to have kids soon).
A KTP for a KITAP holder, whatever ITAP s/he has, is not optional. It's mandatory by law (UU 23/2006).
I advise any foreigner with an ITAP to try to get it. Now, if the CaPil of your wilayah of residence is unable to issue it, you can't be blamed for it. Having tried will be enough to show your good faith if anyone ask for it.

I have the KTP paper version
May I know do you still have KTP paper version? Our one issued in 2018 South Jakarta also paper version. Last week went to Bank Mandiri, we have our KITAP but bank officer told us to bring KTP orang asing electronic version too, confusing. Any info how to get electronic KTP? Thank you.

May I know do you still have KTP paper version? Our one issued in 2018 South Jakarta also paper version. Last week went to Bank Mandiri, we have our KITAP but bank officer told us to bring KTP orang asing electronic version too, confusing. Any info how to get electronic KTP? Thank you.
Weird, I got my first Electronic KTP OA back in 2016.

Yes I still have the paper KTP. I can't remember if I had to show it to open a bank account, the main document they wanted to see was the passport.
The paper KTP has been accepted by everyone who has asked for it so far

Yes I still have the paper KTP. I can't remember if I had to show it to open a bank account, the main document they wanted to see was the passport.
The paper KTP has been accepted by everyone who has asked for it so far
Yes, passport and KITAP should suffice, and some ask NPWP too. Today contacted Dukcapil Jakarta by telegram, officer told us to go directly to Suku Dinas Capil Jakarta Selatan to make e-KTP. Their number is 0859 60557875.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs