KTP for KITAP holders.

colroe

Charter Member
I have never had a KTP. I have a first KITAP expiring next February, so plenty of time. Have done a search on the site but so many opinions. Is there a requirement for Kitap holders to obtain a KTP? A law reference would be great rather than opinions. Many thanks.

Burungkecil

I know that as a KITAP holder I'm supposed to have an E-KTP orang asing but the two times I've been to the East Jakarta Dinas Kependudukan they've told me that their system is unable to handle the request and they've ended up issuing me with a very unimpressive the plain old KTP orang asing (the last time was 2018).
Do most people here on this forum already possess the E version?

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
I know that as a KITAP holder I'm supposed to have an E-KTP orang asing but the two times I've been to the East Jakarta Dinas Kependudukan they've told me that their system is unable to handle the request and they've ended up issuing me with a very unimpressive the plain old KTP orang asing (the last time was 2018).
Do most people here on this forum already possess the E version?
I have a ktp oa like you , issued in bali .

Dave70

Cager
If you are KITAP holder sponsored by company, don't bother, it's "optional". If you are KITAP holder sponsored by your spouse, then get KTP OA (especially if you are planning to have kids soon).

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
If you are KITAP holder sponsored by company, don't bother, it's "optional". If you are KITAP holder sponsored by your spouse, then get KTP OA (especially if you are planning to have kids soon).
A KTP for a KITAP holder, whatever ITAP s/he has, is not optional. It's mandatory by law (UU 23/2006).
I advise any foreigner with an ITAP to try to get it. Now, if the CaPil of your wilayah of residence is unable to issue it, you can't be blamed for it. Having tried will be enough to show your good faith if anyone ask for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry001
Top Bottom