• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.

kitap

cecilia

i have a kitap..merp due to expire august 19. i am leaving indonesia prior to that date.
when i want to return at a later date ...can i enter on a voa?? or do i need to cancel my kitap prior to leaving?

Dave70

I assume you are here on a work kitap. If you are not returning to work, you should cancel your kitap and get epo. If you are returning to work for the same employer, you can renew your kitap now before leaving. If you didn't get epo or renew your kitap, and return on a voa, you may have problem at immigration.

El_Goretto

Cager
It depends, do you intend on living again in Indonesia or are you leaving permanently?

cecilia

I assume you are here on a work kitap. If you are not returning to work, you should cancel your kitap and get epo. If you are returning to work for the same employer, you can renew your kitap now before leaving. If you didn't get epo or renew your kitap, and return on a voa, you may have problem at immigration.
retirement kitap. leaving permanently. however will want to return for holidays on voa

jstar

Mr. 10,000
You can choose; or get your EPO before you leave and come back on Visa Free or VOA, or have the EPO done during your vacation later (IF the KITAP is still valid by then). The latter is a bit of a risk since they need your passport etc.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
Just get the exit permit EPO and you can come back anytime after with VOA

dafluff

Cager
i have a kitap..merp due to expire august 19. i am leaving indonesia prior to that date.
when i want to return at a later date ...can i enter on a voa?? or do i need to cancel my kitap prior to leaving?
Have your sponsor (since you're on retirement KITAP, they need to do this) process Exit Permit Only (EPO), about 7-10 days before you are leaving. Then leave Indonesia as directed by EPO (usually says "Must leave Indonesia within xx days).

This way your file with immigration is clear, and you can re-enter at a later time with another visa, such as VOA.

cecilia

Have your sponsor (since you're on retirement KITAP, they need to do this) process Exit Permit Only (EPO), about 7-10 days before you are leaving. Then leave Indonesia as directed by EPO (usually says "Must leave Indonesia within xx days).

This way your file with immigration is clear, and you can re-enter at a later time with another visa, such as VOA.
thank you for your help..excellant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yahiajkd
Top Bottom