Indonesian Driving Licence?

Renewed my SIM C for spouse sponsored KITAS holder for the third time at Tabanan today but this time got the 5 year SIM no questions asked.

Rp212,000 all up included

Doctor rp45,000 including blood pressure check, eye test & now a blood type check

Psychologist rp90,000 + 2000 for a document folder

License rp75,000

The process was go to the doctor then the psychologist then POLRES to fill out an application form, hand the form in, wait to be called to get a payment form, pay BRI (ATM onsite at POLRES), give the payment form to the photo counter, take a number, wait to be called for fingerprints & photo then wait again for the completed license, sign the book.

There was quite a few people there as usual & the whole process took about 2 ½ hours.

What did the psych test involve? (Presumably not just, "this bule wants to drive here - he must need his head looked at".)

So no test ?

That's right, no test. My wife says the only instances when you (should) have to do be retested in both theory & practical are if your license has expired or if you move provinsi.

I then half jokingly asked her if she has ever known anyone to lose their license for traffic offences & she looked at me like “what are you talking about”?

Last edited:
What did the psych test involve? (Presumably not just, "this bule wants to drive here - he must need his head looked at".)

lol .....Sketch a full human figure on a sheet of A4 ,same as last year ..... I'm no artist & neither were the others in the room but the Shrink ticked all the boxes on my report. I asked her if I was sedikit gila, she laughed & said "it's not that kind of test".

Last edited:
We moved to a different Kabupaten a couple of years ago & when I went to renew my license we waited in line at POLRES to only be told we had to go to the doctor first, we waited in line at the doctor then back to POLRES where we waited in line again only to be told by the same cop that KITAS holders couldn't get a license although we showed him my existing license from the previous Kabupaten but he replied that we'd have to go back there, we.knew it was no use arguing with the sea hunt so next day we dug out my old Surat Domisili & did just that…... no problems & that's where I went this time as well.

Last edited:
Renewed my SIM C for spouse sponsored KITAS holder for the third time at Tabanan today but this time got the 5 year SIM no questions asked.

Rp212,000 all up included

Doctor rp45,000 including blood pressure check, eye test & now a blood type check

Psychologist rp90,000 + 2000 for a document folder

License rp75,000

The process was go to the doctor then the psychologist then POLRES to fill out an application form, hand the form in, wait to be called to get a payment form, pay BRI (ATM onsite at POLRES), give the payment form to the photo counter, take a number, wait to be called for fingerprints & photo then wait again for the completed license, sign the book.

There was quite a few people there as usual & the whole process took about 2 ½ hours.

lol .....Sketch a full human figure on a sheet of A4 ,same as last year ..... I'm no artist & neither were the others in the room but the Shrink ticked all the boxes on my report. I asked her if I was sedikit gila, she laughed & said "it's not that kind of test".

Does anyone know what drawing a figure is supposed to test?

I remember in the army, having to draw a pig or dog. (I guess it makes sense they don't use these particular animals over here.) Later in job interviews I've seen the assignment again so a piece of cake if you know what they're looking for.

Now it was first about placement on the A4; top positive, center realistic, bottom pessimistic. If the animal looks to the left you're traditional, to the right you're an out of the box thinker. Four legs means confident, less than four doubtful and with more you're an idiot. And the details in the drawing show if you're a big picture thinker and risk taker or worried about details or...well you get my drift.

I mean - doesn't that sound like utter bollocks? Is this test even failable?

Perhaps I'm looking too closely at it, but has anyone ever been denied a license on psychological grounds and if so, what on earth did they draw?

Got pulled over the other day....thank god everything was in order and that the policeman mother was there.
Screenshot_20180614-060144_Gallery.jpg

I mean - doesn't that sound like utter bollocks? Is this test even failable?

What gets me is the price of rp90,000 for a 5 minute psyche test yet only rp75,000 for a five year license & then they have the humour to charge a lousy rp2000 on top of the rp90,000 for a bloody folder, why don't they just include it in the rp90,000 or not even mention it & charge rp92,000 with a folder included?...... oh God, I just had a thought, :shocked: ... maybe it was part of the test.

Last edited:
That's why an onboard camera (front and rear) is a good investment. Just turn over a copy of the video to the police and your insurance company and let them sort things out with the other driver.

Insurance company - yor avin a bubble incha ??

When I was in Tasik 6 years ago, they never allowed me to take the test. They just rattled of Rp. 250,000, took my picture, and gave me a license. I still debate whether their computers even work lol. That may have changed now, as I heard there are new procedures for testing, but that could all be B.S.

Got pulled over the other day....thank god everything was in order and that the policeman mother was there.View attachment 703

No wonder you can never find a policeman when you want one, they are too bloody small to find, looking at the expression on his face he takes the job very seriously, more soo than the big boys

When I was in Tasik 6 years ago, they never allowed me to take the test. They just rattled of Rp. 250,000, took my picture, and gave me a license. I still debate whether their computers even work lol. That may have changed now, as I heard there are new procedures for testing, but that could all be B.S.

As earlier posted, did mine in Ciamis a couple months ago, price now 300k

So I got mine done, tot id share some pic of the process they posted up on the board for those who wanna know.
5 years validity, my KITAS ends this year, passport in less then 12 months.
Yay!

IMG_20180719_095950.jpg IMG_20180719_095944.jpg

Went to SATPAS Daan Mogot yesterday to extend my SIM A, followed the normal procedure, paid 25k for the doctors certificate, 80k for the sim extension and got a sim valid till my birthday 5 years from now no questions asked (so actually it’s valid for 5 years and a few months..).

Went a bit late though so after I finished the picture taking I had to wait an hour for them to come back from their lunch break and start handing out licenses again, but the AC seemed to be working properly this year so I went up a few levels on my game.

If I wouldn’t count the lunch break time it would’ve once again taken me longer to get to the actual place (from north jakarta!) then the entire procedure.

Went to SATPAS Daan Mogot yesterday to extend my SIM A, followed the normal procedure, paid 25k for the doctors certificate, 80k for the sim extension and got a sim valid till my birthday 5 years from now no questions asked (so actually it’s valid for 5 years and a few months..).

Went a bit late though so after I finished the picture taking I had to wait an hour for them to come back from their lunch break and start handing out licenses again, but the AC seemed to be working properly this year so I went up a few levels on my game.

If I wouldn’t count the lunch break time it would’ve once again taken me longer to get to the actual place (from north jakarta!) then the entire procedure.
Without a theory and psychological test ?

Without a theory and psychological test ?

That is correct.

I parked, went straight to the doctors office to get that done, went into the building, paid, got and filled the form, went to loket 19 for WNA, they checked, gave me a ticket for pictures, went to get that done and straight to pick-up station. Nobody mentioned anything about a theory test.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back