How to obtain Indonesian Citizenship

Notary cost for certified copies is around 50-100.000 Rp. A certified statement is 300-500.000 Rp.

I thought about the refund process same as you, but is not impossible and not so hard (I did for other type of case, no problems).

Notary cost for certified copies is around 50-100.000 Rp. A certified statement is 300-500.000 Rp.

I thought about the refund process same as you, but is not impossible and not so hard (I did for other type of case, no problems).
Thanks. I will try it out and find out the cost at my place. Attached is the procedure.

Attachments

• 474479_Panduan Permohonan Pengembalian PNBP 2019.pdf
    214.5 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Notary costs for legalisir can vary a lot; over here it costs 150K for a simple document.

And for an IMB copy with some BPN visits some asked 7.5 Juta. Another did it for 4 Juta.

Notary costs for legalisir can vary a lot; over here it costs 150K for a simple document.

And for an IMB copy with some BPN visits some asked 7.5 Juta. Another did it for 4 Juta.
That is why if the cost sum about 2 juta why should I go thru the process of get back the money. Is not making sense.

In a few days my application will come to end with SK on hand. A long and winding journey. Important thing to take note that prepare all the necessary documents and always remember to follow thru your document that you send by courier and do not end like me. My document was sit on for 2 week until I email AHU CS several times before it was send to the proper person in charge. Best if you sent your query to AHU Humas. And always go online and have a look at your dashboard for any update as AHU will not inform if there is a need to resubmit improper document or your SK is out. I will try my best to list the document needed and step by step.

There is France guy in Bali who got his SK before me and he having problem to get his E-KTP,KK and birth cert to update.Dicapil is asking him letter of sworn "citizenship" which I not other that I know off need to have. Is there others who become WNI have solution on this? Thanks.

Congratulations @DzulnSiti ! Was travelling so couldn’t react sooner.

What ‘proof’ do you need to have in your possession to show the CatSip? Didn’t you need an additional reporting within 60 days after the oath etc. or was that already done?

What ‘proof’ do you need to have in your possession to show the CatSip? Didn’t you need an additional reporting within 60 days after the oath etc. or was that already done?
Just come back from Jakarta after renounce my citizenship at the embassy. I only bring the original and photocopy of the SK when I change the e-ktp,kk dan birth cert. Since there is a Filipino guy who have done before me there is no question from them about the hole procedure. Further since I need the document done fast I give voluntary "donation".hint,hint... with in 14 days need to surrender my passport and ID back to the embassy. And there is no 60 days as we did not take oath other then the written one with materai sign by me. The France guy was ask for it and it was a old procedure, I did sent him the perpres(Perpres-Nomor-96-Tahun-2018- having problen to upload to the forum file too big) to bring along to renew his documentation.

Relinquishing your US citizenship will, I presume, lose any pension entitlements which may or not matter.
I don't know about US but I just checked up online re UK, and it states that citizenship doesn't count towards pension entitlement only contributions matter.

I miss to inform that need to bring the letter of renounce from the embassy,after we surrender our passport and ID card(KTP).

I too have decided to embark on this citizenship boat.
Thank you for this thread @OomBen

I just hope KanWil is open & processing such things due to the coronavirus stuff.

Now I need to gird my loins for all the stress attached to gathering up required documents & (tidying my office cupboards :O )
My UK pp is due to expire in the non-too-distant future
My ITAP is due to expire next year
I have no interruptions to my visas for way more than 5 years , my Bhs Indonesian isn't "that bad"
I can sing 3 words of the natl anthem: Indonesia, Indonesia, Indonesia...
I know they have something about land & water in it.
I can la,la lahhh the rest of the tune, hopefully they won't notice haha.
Wish me luck peeps, I fear I will need it as just a regular visa extension usually puts strain on our marriage :D
Hubby way more organised with documents than I & hates my 'filing system'.

Good luck, please let us know how it works with the "renouncing British citizenship" part of it, what letters they give you, if it is done by VfS or the Embassy itself, how much it costs to renounce, how long it takes ..

Good luck, please let us know how it works with the "renouncing British citizenship" part of it, what letters they give you, if it is done by VfS or the Embassy itself, how much it costs to renounce, how long it takes ..
I believe it costs under 350 quid.

I too have decided to embark on this citizenship boat.
Thank you for this thread @OomBen

I just hope KanWil is open & processing such things due to the coronavirus stuff.

Now I need to gird my loins for all the stress attached to gathering up required documents & (tidying my office cupboards :O )
My UK pp is due to expire in the non-too-distant future
My ITAP is due to expire next year
I have no interruptions to my visas for way more than 5 years , my Bhs Indonesian isn't "that bad"
I can sing 3 words of the natl anthem: Indonesia, Indonesia, Indonesia...
I know they have something about land & water in it.
I can la,la lahhh the rest of the tune, hopefully they won't notice haha.
Wish me luck peeps, I fear I will need it as just a regular visa extension usually puts strain on our marriage :D
Hubby way more organised with documents than I & hates my 'filing system'.
Being married to an Indonesian you don't need to know the national anthem nor you need to be fluent with Bahasa Indonesia (however it s a bit weird to me to be a citizen of a nation and not speaking the national language - looking with insistance at my kids who speak perfectly English, Bahasa Indonesia, bahasa Manado but... only know "ca va" in French).
The procedure for you is online and not at the kanwil.

Read carefully the thread, particularly the post of a female poster who did the whole procedure online.

Being married to an Indonesian you don't need to know the national anthem nor you need to be fluent with Bahasa Indonesia (however it s a bit weird to me to be a citizen of a nation and not speaking the national language - looking with insistance at my kids who speak perfectly English, Bahasa Indonesia, bahasa Manado but... only know "ca va" in French).
The procedure for you is online and not at the kanwil.

Read carefully the thread, particularly the post of a female poster who did the whole procedure online.
I speak a reasonable amount of the language, but it hasn't been 'learnt' properly, certainly much more informal than a lot of what I see written down but enough to communicate reasonably effectively.
Re the online procedure, I had noticed that the KanWil has moved out of the process & that it is now online. I have yet to figure out where online.
:* thanks for the clarification
I have basically grabbed all the posts from here that seemed pertinent & printed them off, I shall work through them with hubby at some point this week.

Here's where we are at so far...
We went to local police- polsek , they gave me a form, sent me to the Polres , they gave me a further form & sent me to the Kapolda back in Bandung, who gave me another document & say I now have to go to Jakarta Mabespolri. Just for the SKCK- I was told point blank that I cannot do this online :/

Re the SKIM, went with complete list of all they required- went back again because I hadn't used black ink, had to redo the form.
They have kept all my documents including passport (no one yet noticed my MERP expired back in March ;) )
They have sent us away to got to catatan sipil to get documents to prove we are still married.
That is a job for tomorrow - sigh.
We have 7 days to get that document to them allegedly.
They (Kan Im) stated they will visit the house in a week's time & will visit 4 times including a visit from Immi in Jakarta - I have no comprehension of wtf this is about.

At no point have I had it confirmed that I can process the citizenship application online- but I am not at that stage yet.

Will update as things progress.

Just got back from a full morning out to Catatan Sipil- the place was packed to the rafters with people, social distancing an impossibility.
Waited ages, only to be sent away because the man who does 'it' is away until Tuesday next week.
However- the Capil in Soreang has a pretty little deer park on the grounds & is now just off the end of a new toll road, so it is much less of a chore to go there compared with other places.

Popped back into Immi to let them know what was going on & asked for a few days more to get this document done - it was an "ok, tdk apa2" response.
Its a whole load of running around tail-chasing just to get the support documents BEFORE I even get to the dratted citizenship procedures :D
Hey-ho, no surprises so far, not really.

At no point have I had it confirmed that I can process the citizenship application online- but I am not at that stage yet.
I guess you don't need a confirmation that being married to an Indonesian you are entitled to a residency permit, do you? :D It's the law and it doesn't have to be confirmed to you by anyone, nor it is a favor that a civil servant would do to you. It's a Right.

For the processing of your citizenship, it's the same BA: processing of citizenship as per art. 19 UU 12/2006 and since 2016 is a "simplified" process done online. No need for a confirmation.

Legal source to read: Permenkumham Nomor 47 Tahun 2016 tentang Tata Cara Penyampaian Permohonan Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia Secara Elektronik

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back