How long takes to convert Budaya Social Visa to Kitas keluarga? kira kira

Saudade

I have a family Visa which will expire next week, finally I decided to go outside of Indonesia to Perth to apply for a Budaya Sosial Visa and enter again Indonesia on 26th April, and after that convert it to the family Visa.
With the social Budaya Visa, I will get two months and after that the another four which I have to extend each month.
Last night I just realized, that usually we go to Europe in June after my child finish school, so I am scare now if I have to renew the next Kitas Keluarga next year when I am in Europe.
I totally forgot how long takes to convert the Budaya Sosial Visa to Kitas keluarga, I remembered it was shorter than I though and probably it was not longer than one or one and a half month.
If I start to do the process right away after I enter Indonesia, on 26th April and takes one moth and a half, probably I won't get the Kitas until first or second week of June, so next year I will have to start the process to renew the Kitas in May but make sure finish after we go on holidays to Europe, if not I think I could try to start the process maybe on the four month of the Budaya Sosial Visa, around August, so in that case I probably could get the Kitas Keluarga before 26 th October when my Budaya social Visa will expire, making my Kitas keluarga Visa to renew every september or October could be easier for me and more relax I think, because we never go away around that time.
Please any recent experience about how long takes to convert the Budaya Sosial Visa to Kitas Keluarga? Please would you mind to give me your opinion? I am not sure if I am confusing myself, but I am worry about by the time I want to go to Europe next year I have to renew the Kitas keluarga, which could be terrible, meaning I could not travel to Europe, because I only can go on school holidays or I could lost the kitas keluarga if I don't renew it.
My child is in a public school SMP, I should check as well when will be school holidays.
Terimakasi banyak
Have a beautiful day!

Last edited:
I have a family Visa which will expire next week, finally I decided to go outside of Indonesia to Perth to apply for a Budaya Sosial Visa and enter again Indonesia on 26th April, and after that convert it to the family Visa.
With the social Budaya Visa, I will get two months and after that the another four which I have to extend each month.
Last night I just realized, that usually we go to Europe in June after my child finish school, so I am scare now if I have to renew the next Kitas Keluarga next year when I am in Europe.
I totally forgot how long takes to convert the Budaya Sosial Visa to Kitas keluarga, I remembered it was shorter than I though and probably it was not longer than one or one and a half month.
If I start to do the process right away after I enter Indonesia, on 26th April and takes one moth and a half, probably I won't get the Kitas until first or second week of June, so next year I will have to start the process to renew the Kitas in May but make sure finish after we go on holidays to Europe, if not I think I could try to start the process maybe on the four month of the Budaya Sosial Visa, around August, so in that case I probably could get the Kitas Keluarga before 26 th October when my Budaya social Visa will expire, making my Kitas keluarga Visa to renew every september or October could be easier for me and more relax I think, because we never go away around that time.
Please any recent experience about how long takes to convert the Budaya Sosial Visa to Kitas Keluarga? Please would you mind to give me your opinion? I am not sure if I am confusing myself, but I am worry about by the time I want to go to Europe next year I have to renew the Kitas keluarga, which could be terrible, meaning I could not travel to Europe, because I only can go on school holidays or I could lost the kitas keluarga if I don't renew it.
My child is in a public school SMP, I should check as well when will be school holidays.
Terimakasi banyak
Have a beautiful day!

I think your analysis is pretty spot on. It still takes about 1.5 months (at least) to convert this. So if you do it around Aug, you are more likely to avoid prime summer holiday time for next renewal.
Time frame is probably similar to KITAS to KITAP conversion, since the steps are basically the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot dafluff, the date on the new Kitas keluarga will be the day they finish to process the KITAS right?

Thanks a lot dafluff, the date on the new Kitas keluarga will be the day they finish to process the KITAS right?

Actually, if I recall correctly, the issue date is usually a bit earlier than the pick up date. I think they use the approval date from Jakarta. The expiry date is then 1 year from this date.

I am finalizing the transition from Social Budaya to VITAS which took me less than 3 weeks including a trip to Singapore to visit the Indonesian Embassy.

See the below for guideline :

Be pro-active and get relevant documents sorted out as much as possible in advance.

At the immigration office near Nusa Dua they have a listing as well as relevant blank documents. Collect these to start off which are required AFTER you come back from your RI embassy visit abroad.

NOTE : Embassy in SIN requires a photocopy of your passport as well which is not mentioned in the guideline.

Good Luck !

NOTE : Embassy in SIN requires a photocopy of your passport as well which is not mentioned in the guideline.

Good Luck !

Hi Peter,

I have updated the article to mention the passport photocopy. Thank you. (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back