How do I pay the USD fee for Limited Saty Visa?

Good to hear that your wife had an easy experience with Mandiri, but this is likely the exception rather than the rule. The most likely way to succeed in actually paying the USD portion is to bring it in USD cash and in the exact amount.

The last time I attempted to pay this fee, I had $200 in two $100 bills. The BRI cashier didn't have $50 in change, so wouldn't process it. Couldn't pay it in rupiah, couldn't get the change in rupiah, hell, wouldn't even take it after I said to keep the change.
BRI wouldn't even take USD cash for us, had to open a dollar account just for that, pay in the cash and then send it from that account. Too much hassle. BNI seemed ok with USD cash as the only option. Mandiri didn't care if you have an account with them or not nor wether you pay in USD or Rupiah. Were definitely the easiest.

Nor sure wether processes have changed over the last couple of year from other peoples experiences or if it's a bit of pot luck which actual branch in the country you walk into. If you try all 3 banks and have USD and local currency you should deffo be ok though. Rules aren't too strict but processes are never easy in Indonesia... plus minus lol.

So I'm British currently in the UK and just had to pay $150 US and 200,000 Rp for my VITAS. I (well my wife as sponsor) got the email saying the dollar payment can only be done at BNI, BRI or Mandiri. Firstly I must say this is ridiculous, they know I'm a foreigner in a foreign country, how do they expect people like us to pay in Indonesia? Would it be that difficult to accept credit cards?! Luckily like others here my other half has family in Indonesia who were happy to help.

The visa process is initiated by the sponsor is in Indonesia where the fee is due. Hence, it can be assumed that everyone has an Indonesian sponsor that can process the payment in Indonesia.
It surely would be different if the visa application was initiated by you off-shore with no involvement of an Indonesian sponsor.

So it seems that there is variation in the options available at BNI, BRI and Mandiri, perhaps even between individual branches of the same bank. Also it is probably best to go to as big a branch as possible, like in a main city as the small regional branches might not have "the machine" and maybe staff training to send dollars. Hope this helps some people out in the future, just send someone on a mission to all 3 banks until you get success basically. Good luck!

Totally agree. Especially when dealing with any USD cash payment always go to the larger branches. Even in Jakarta smaller branches are not able to deal with USD cash payment. If you want to pay with anything that is not a spotless, unmarked, clean and newer year USD bill you better be ready for rejection or major conflict as well.

The visa process is initiated by the sponsor is in Indonesia where the fee is due. Hence, it can be assumed that everyone has an Indonesian sponsor that can process the payment in Indonesia.
It surely would be different if the visa application was initiated by you off-shore with no involvement of an Indonesian sponsor.
Not entirely true. The visa process has to be initiated by an Indonesian sponsor, not neccesarily by one actually in Indonesia. Therefore your assumption that there'd be no problem processing payment locally in Indonesia is incorrect. I would actually go as far as saying that given it was for a spouse visa, it would be a more logical assumption that the spouse would currently be with her husband and therefore abroad. Seems like others here were in the same boat as me and relied on their spouses family members helping as the spouse was unable to from abroad. There's many possible scenarios for people and it would help if the payment system was internationally freindly like credit card payment.

Yeah I couldn't believe how fussy HSBC Indonesia was with condition of our English banknotes, must've rejected half of them! I only take pristine ones with me now.

Your sponsor does not HAVE to be Indonesian at all. Can be anyone who is legally resident here even expat

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berishabrickad
Back
Top Bottom