Hello :-)

lifelongexpat

Cager
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been living here for one year and recently got married to a lovely local woman. Looking forward to meeting some new people and hopefully participating in some discussions.

VtWLMnn.gif
VtWLMnn.gif

Welcome to the forum!

As part of our usual little survey with new forum members, may I ask how you found us?

Thanks :)! I found the forum by Googling how to obtain a Spouse Sponsored Kitas. One of the threads was quite useful as its similar in nature to our situation. Wife's KTP still registered in one location and we're living in another location.

So I thought I'd take the plunge and join.

Thanks :)! I found the forum by Googling how to obtain a Spouse Sponsored Kitas. One of the threads was quite useful as its similar in nature to our situation. Wife's KTP still registered in one location and we're living in another location.

So I thought I'd take the plunge and join.

Awesome! Hope you like it here!

Hi, nice to "meet " you.
I hope you find being a member of the forum informative and fun.
I'm just being curious & you don't have to answer or be too detailed- but what part of Indonesia are you in?
I'm in West Java- Bandung

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time in the stinky durian - I have just been very spoiled having the past month at home, it is going to be hard to get back to the heat.

Also, thank you for your response, it is nice to have a new member who enters into dialogue. :)

Welcome to the forum lifelongexpat.
I am from Manado, Northern Sulawesi. Married with a Minahasan lady.

Thanks Atlantis. My wife is from Central Java (near Semarang).

I can see from looking on the forum, you've been in Indonesia 'quite' a while.

Thanks Atlantis. My wife is from Central Java (near Semarang).

I can see from looking on the forum, you've been in Indonesia 'quite' a while.
A few years indeed. It's amazing how time flies. Indonesia has moved in the right way for us married with an Indonesian. Though still very bureaucratic, living and doing business here is far more easy than a decade ago.
Do you work here? Feel free to skip question if you think I am nosey. :)

A few years indeed. It's amazing how time flies. Indonesia has moved in the right way for us married with an Indonesian. Though still very bureaucratic, living and doing business here is far more easy than a decade ago.
Do you work here? Feel free to skip question if you think I am nosey. :)

Indeed, at least things are moving in the right direction for WNA spouses (albeit slowly).

I've spent 15 years living in 6 foreign countries (Europe, Asia and Africa) and have never encountered the 'paperwork festival' that is Indonesia. Not even Francophone West Africa was as bad.

I do work here. It's not the greatest of jobs but it's fairly stable and affords a reasonable standard of living. However, as I'm here for the long run, slowly looking at the wife owned local PT option and then just adding the IMTA to the spouse sponsored Kitas (when I get it).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back