• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.

Greetings from LubukLinggau

MieTekTek

Hi all

I'm a mid 40s Singaporean staying in the city of LubukLinggau, Palembang, on a spouse sponsored KITAS.

Got it in Jan 2019, but only settled down here in March. And, thanks to this site, I found out about having to report to the relevant offices for

. Surat Domisili
. Surat Tanda Melaporkan
. Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal

Can't imagine how much in "unofficial" I'll have to pay at time of KITAS extension if I had not done the above. So far, had done the first 2 documents and, fortunately, have not been queried on why I took so long to get it done. Was at Capil today, and the officer there is having a hard time trying is what was required cos it's rare they have foreigners in this city. LOL.

Hope I don't get any unforeseen inside when I'm back there tomorrow to submit the forms.

By the way, is the SKTT a "certificate" or card like the KTP?

Thanks for reading.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Welcome to the forum. How did you meet your presumed Indonesian spouse? Did you get married in Singapore with the intent of relocating to Palembang? Hope its not considered rude to ask a few questions; just helps to get to know how members came to be expats in Indonesia. We, me and my Indonesian spouse, are in the Midwestern USA for the time being, but plan to move back to Indonesia (DKI) once our offspring finishes high school.

dafluff

Cager
By the way, is the SKTT a "certificate" or card like the KTP?
Hi, and welcome to the forum! Glad this site was helpful for your KITAS process.

The SKTT, last time I had one, was an printed on an ID card sized green paper, that you can laminate. It was of hilariously bad quality.

Previously I think it was just printed on regular letter sized paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliz61
Top Bottom