Getting sponsored for KITAS

NicheAsian

I am generally asking for real advice as I am quite unsure regarding my status. I am a South Korean individual who has been working in HK and graduated university from HK but have graduated middle, high school in Indonesia. My uncle and aunt has been running a business in Indonesia for over 6 years now.

My question is this, I want to relocate back to Indonesia but I am a non Indonesian citizen and have no visa or permit whatsoever. However I wish to work with my uncle and aunt, given that there business is doing very good and quite big. How likely is it for me to get my Work KITAS sponsored if my uncle's company wishes to sponsor me? Especially given the covid - 19 situation (just to let you know my current work has nothing to do with what my uncle's company is doing but I can definitely work in that new environment as I possess the necessary skills).

I know this is a very generic question but I just want to have a rough idea to the possibility before I actually ask my uncle to sponsor me. I would appreciate some general advice on my situation and the likelihood of obtaining a Work KITAS.

It depends on your uncle's company. If it is properly registered and a PT (limited liability corporation), then they can sponsor a foreign worker. The rest is just paperwork, and massaging your qualifications with your uncle's company's needs.

Just keep in mind that many still look at the regulation that no foreigner can be employed in a position that an Indonesian is qualified to do. Some get around it by saying they are bringing in foreign management. Thise seems to have worked very well for the Chinese.

From my experience it is rather easy to legally adjust your job position and qualifications to be able to be sponsored. I just transfered my KITAS from one company to another and it went rather smooth but they do have rules so it is best to find a good trustworthy company to assist you. They can also give you legal advise on all of the above, I am not a lawyer and cannot give you legal advise. So my personal advice is to find a company that provides a KITAS service. I have friends that work here https://www.letsmoveindonesia.com/ and they help at a reasonable price. Good luck!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs