Fly to EU/US/LATAM

hi members, how would a person fly from Indo to the above mentioned zones? hop to Singapore/Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur, then head on from there? am i missing something that it does not appear the airports at Jakarta & Denpasar have flights to the above?

Emirates Etihad or Qatar via Abu, Dubai, Doha. From there can go anywhere in the world pretty much non stop. E.g. DXB LAX

It really depends on the airlines. Most airlines will fly from or through their main hub.

JAL/ANA Tokyo
SIN Singapore
CX Hong Kong
KLM/AF Amsterdam/Paris
and so on.

You won’t get many non-stop flights to destinations outside of Asia Pacific out of CGK. Singapore Air does LAX still, I believe from SIN.

hi members, how would a person fly from Indo to the above mentioned zones? hop to Singapore/Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur, then head on from there? am i missing something that it does not appear the airports at Jakarta & Denpasar have flights to the above?

There are many flights from big International Airports Indonesia to the EU, US.
For Latam do you mean Peruvian airlines or you want to travel to Peru using Latam Airlines.
The big International Airports in Indonesia that could accomodate Jumbo Jets needed for a long haul are Sukarno Hatta (CGK), Denpasar Bali (DPS), and Surabaya (SUB)
To find the best and least expensive options is to search them using the flight search engines:
A few to name:
https://www.skyscanner.net (this is the best imho)

The best flight to one destination does not necessarily mean the cheapest option. You will also need to consider the whole duration time, transit time, your luggae allowances, etc. You might find the cheapest one but it could happen you will will need a transit time of 6-9 hours, or it could also happen an overnight in another country.

Last edited:
There are many flights from big International Airports Indonesia to the EU, US.
For Latam do you mean Peruvian airlines or you want to travel to Peru using Latam Airlines.
The big International Airports in Indonesia that could accomodate Jumbo Jets needed for a long haul are Sukarno Hatta (CGK), Denpasar Bali (DPS), and Surabaya (SUB)
To find the best and least expensive options is to search them using the flight search engines:
A few to name:
https://www.skyscanner.net (this is the best imho)

The best flight to one destination does not necessarily mean the cheapest option. You will also need to consider the whole duration time, transit time, your luggae allowances, etc. You might find the cheapest one but it could happen you will will need a transit time of 6-9 hours, or it could also happen an overnight in another country.
thank you, by LATAM i mean the abbreviation/or short for Latin America, what i meant were there any direct flights to the areas i mentioned in the original question, eg Singapore Airlines & Philippine Airlines have direct routes to US with no stopover, Singapore also has Lufthansa Airlines/KLM non stop to EU, whereas Indo does not have direct flights to those regions, its all good & glad to have had these helpful tips offered

thank you, by LATAM i mean the abbreviation/or short for Latin America, what i meant were there any direct flights to the areas i mentioned in the original question, eg Singapore Airlines & Philippine Airlines have direct routes to US with no stopover, Singapore also has Lufthansa Airlines/KLM non stop to EU, whereas Indo does not have direct flights to those regions, its all good & glad to have had these helpful tips offered
There is direct flight but it is normally more expensive.
All you need to do is to use the search engines I mentioned previously and choose direct flight (e.g untick 1stop, 2 stop, etc). You will get more chance to get a direct flight if you start from Singapore.
For instance:
From Singapore to Frankfurt: Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa do have direct flight
From Singapore to London: Qantas, Singapore Airlines do have direct flight
From Singapore to New york (e.g EWR Newark, New Jersey): Singapore Airlines do have direct flight

Attachments

• NYR.JPG
    NYR.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Sinagopre.JPG
    Sinagopre.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 48
  • SIngapore Frankfurt.JPG
    SIngapore Frankfurt.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 50
There is direct flight but it is normally more expensive.
All you need to do is to use the search engines I mentioned previously and choose direct flight (e.g untick 1stop, 2 stop, etc). You will get more chance to get a direct flight if you start from Singapore.
For instance:
From Singapore to Frankfurt: Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa do have direct flight
From Singapore to London: Qantas, Singapore Airlines do have direct flight
From Singapore to New york (e.g EWR Newark, New Jersey): Singapore Airlines do have direct flight
im sorry but those flights you list are not direct flights from Indo...they are direct flights from Singapore, which is another country, i see Turkish Airways has direct flights Indo(Bali) to Turkey(Istanbul), so that's getting near EU i guess, though thank you for the advice with those flight search engines, they are very handy

I don’t recall any non-stop flights from Indonesia to the US. All connect in other Asian countries, Australia, etc.

I don’t recall any non-stop flights from Indonesia to the US. All connect in other Asian countries, Australia, etc.
indeed, it did surprise me there are no direct routes from Indo to EU/US, whereas most other countries in the region do, though its no real issue where a person can just hop to those other nearby countries to obtain those direct flights

indeed, it did surprise me there are no direct routes from Indo to EU/US, whereas most other countries in the region do, though its no real issue where a person can just hop to those other nearby countries to obtain those direct flights
It should not be a surprised as it is a sensible business decision.
It will need a jumbo jet to fly from Jakarta to Europe, Let alone to the US which is much further away.
How much the capacity of jumbo jets, how many passengers they could get from Jakarta or Bali without transit / stopover taking other passengers from Singapore, Taipei, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc for instance. They will be lucky if they could get the plane half full.
If they could get passengers unboarding and they get new passenger embarking from the transit airport, why not ? They could also use the transit for replenishing.
Unless of course if it is a chartered flight.
I fail to understand why on earth the transit time of 2-4 hours is becoming a problem when the whole duration of flight could take 15 hours (say) ? It might even be a good things for passenger get a more spacious environment after getting squeezed for a few hours into a little compound. It might also mean the ticket price could be double.
What have I missed here ??

Last edited:
Garuda can't afford such long range planes
Only Airlines flying from their own hub with facilities can do this e.g. Qatar Emirates SQ EY Turk etc
Garuda can barely manage to fly to SG or Perth
Does Garuda even fly to Dubai? I can't remember

interesting Garuda Has direct flights to Amsterdam Netherlands, this is good as a gateway to EU
I have flown KLM direct to Schiphol pre covid (I think it was a 1 time per week flight), and more regularly I flew with KLM from CGK with a "pit stop" in changi/ KL (cant remember which as it was such a short stop you just had to get off the plane and get back on).
These options arent available post covid.

sorry about earlier mistake message -

just went through booking process with KLM & it looks same itinery as described above, no direct flight

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 13-02-25 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - Book flights online - KLM United ...png
    Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 13-02-25 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - Book flights online - KLM United ...png
    189.4 KB · Views: 53
Yes the secret KLM jak KL amst
4jt business class return jak kl jak
Amazing. I did it weekly for ages
Cheaper than economy air asia
Quite a collection of gin houses now
Lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back