Dentist in Jakarta

lifelongexpat

Cager
I broke a tooth while on holiday in Bali 6 weeks ago and now it's starting to ache. So I'm guessing it would be a root canal/extraction. I'm more biased towards extraction as the last root canal I had done wasn't very pleasant (had to find a dentist licensed to sedate patients with Valium).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dentist in Jakarta along with a guesstimate of their fee structure?

I posted some where about a dentist I used, let me find the link...

But to take the pain away & clear out some infection you will need a course of antibiotics first & some cataflam ** assuming you are ok with these medications... before they will extract.

Thanks Bad_Azz. 500k is not too bad for an extraction. A far side cheaper than the UK.

No worries with anti-biotics for me. I had to take a course when I had my root canal in Sri Lanka 9 years ago. If I recall correctly, that cost me around 2.8jt all in.

well... this is me & my penny pinching ways but I would get me a 5 - 7 day course of 250ml Amoxycillin @1x3 times a day much as the docs have always advised me. & I can pick them up over the counter here for peanuts ;)
Obviously I would never advise anyone to self medicate unless they live in Indonesia where the guy on the street probably knows as much as some of the doctors out there.
disclaimer:
*all stuff you read about the evils of penicillin & don't not never ever take it if you have an allergy to it.
** try & find a reputable doctor/dentist to tell you that you need penicillin (assuming you have an abscess/infection down in the gums- often shows by disgusting taste & tenderness, swelling etc. )

It's always quite amusing to see how the staff at the local pharmacies here just hand over prescription medication without the customer presenting a prescription.

The wife picked up some good anti-inflamatory pills (sans prescription) and they've worked well. Not Cataflam but Ponstan (active ingredient is mefenamic acid).

well could be nice if we got some of the good ones listed.. I am also looking for one

We've had good luck for many years with Stephanie Dental Clinic on Jl. Rasuna Said, but they are insanely expensive - as far as I can tell they just price themselves at the same fees dentists in the United States charge. If our insurance didn't cover most of it I would be looking for someone else. But they've seen us through routine cleaning, cavities, cracked teeth, caps, root canals, and wisdom teeth removal without significant complaint.

I use Dr Iman at SOS Cipete. Over the last 12 months I have had a lot of work done by him including root canal work. He is quite caring and reasonably gentle although I would never have the root canal done again by anyone.

Prices are reasonable compared to Australia but I really didn't take a lot of notice of costs as my dental work is paid by Veterans Affairs.

The one in Kuningan city mall is very good and reasonable price, 2nd floor the end near Marks and Spencers next to the medical centre

although I would never have the root canal done again by anyone.

I wouldn't fancy another one myself. The last time I had one, the dentist had to inject me with Valium to sedate me. Otherwise, I could never have tolerated the procedure.

I tried OMDC Dentist Clinic in Mampang, Jakarta Selatan, they have a unique concept with a good branding and interior design are Instagramable, beyond that the doctor and the staffs are fully service oriented and most important, the price is reasonable. Make sure you reserve first before you come, since it always full.

I tried Noto Dental Clinic this morning in Sunter/Kemayoran. They have several branches throughout the city.

A consultation and an X-ray set me back 350,000.

The front desk staff's English was a bit hit and miss, but the dentist himself spoke English rather well. Quite a modern set up and was generally happy with the experience.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiatestaging
Back