Can I shoot Youtube without a work visa?

snpark

Cager
Yes but my point was she is legally employed here and resident and at least her youtube work is coincidental to her main IMTA as a tv presenter - the same way a legally employed teacher would be less likely to be deported for a few part time english lessons than some spivvy digital nomad here illegally on a VOA giving english lessons for kos money etc etc

It's all relative
Anyway until the first guinea pig gets busted it is still grey area, enter at your own peril

dafluff

Cager
Yes but my point was she is legally employed here and resident and at least her youtube work is coincidental to her main IMTA as a tv presenter
1) No. If posting youtube is considered work, it is definitely work done outside the scope of IMTA. Just like you can't work for a different company, even informally or part time, etc. etc.

- the same way a legally employed teacher would be less likely to be deported for a few part time english lessons than some spivvy digital nomad here illegally on a VOA giving english lessons for kos money etc etc
2) You are moving the goal post. Before you said that it was legal, now it is only less likely to be deported.

Also, if posting youtube videos is considered work, I would argue on a spousal KITAS/P you are more in the clear than you would be on a work KITAS. Spousal KITAS/P authorizes work without restriction to location, whereas TKAs are required to only work at their designated company.

takeshi

Thank you for the explanation. In other words, is my spouse Kitas more flexible?

Sarah

Not illegal perse. As to the visa, maybe you have to get one. It’s just we easily have a way to sue people. You can make a report based on a reason named “perbuatan tidak menyenangkan” to anyone at anytime.

Ex: if you think someone mock anything about you. Either on social media or real life. If you felt someone mock or violated you then you can report them.

Maybe the right word is you can’t be like Jake Paul or Tana Mongeau or any down to eart YouTuber. But you can a boring YouTuber. Or stay out in trouble. Avoid talking about sensitive thing or criticize someone.

Sarah

In Indonesia, many people cannot afford good education or finish their education. It led them not being able to compete in global level. It’s more likely rich people or smartest people that can finish their education and get a good job. There are rarely employer paid UMR if someone doesn’t finish university moreover senior high school. So this people who don’t have diploma or degree, they’d get job below the UMR. And because the job below it and don’t require “hardwork”, they’d spend their time on their phone while working. You can’t do this in US or Europe who paid people by the hour. Due to their unproductivity, they’d spend their time on their phone doing nothing(checking everyone’s profile) & commenting things that they have “no” knowledge about. Or play games or doing absolutely something that’s not their business. You do something weird or different and people would more likely to talk about it but it usually makes you end up in trouble. One key, Indonesian have this perspective of seeing westerners or people who have white skin are beautiful and handsome. So making content tips to date Turkish or Japanese or European would attract many people watch your content without being seen offensive. Or making (boring; mostly the videos that i ever watched are boring ; no offense)challenge “foreigners or bule” or reactionto Indonesia food or singer or actress would attract them more and it would make you in stay in neutral zone.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
You can make a report based on a reason named “perbuatan tidak menyenangkan” to anyone at anytime.
Fortunately since January 2014 and putusan perkara Nomor: 1/PUU-XI/2013 Mahkamah Konstitusi has removed the sentence "Sesuatu perbuatan lain maupun perlakuan yang tak menyenangkan” from art. 335 (1) KUHP and has rulled it unconstitutional and having no more legal force.
In the past, art 335 has been overused, for any reason, mostly no reason.

The reason this article has been so popular is that it was authorizing an immediate imprisonment despite the fact that the maximum jail term was less than 5 years.

For decades some nasty people were reporting their competitors/rivals/neighbors...etc for the most silly reasons. Police was stepping in, jailing the competitor/neighbor/rival and that was then an ideal position to extort bribe. One can easily imagine how, in these conditions, it was running smoothly. I have been indicted (and later acquitted) with art 335 and rather than "negotiating" I decided to go all the way to an adjudication in court because in Indonesia only an acquittal opens the way to a possible legal counterstrike against the silly competitor or neighbor.

Ex: if you think someone mock anything about you. Either on social media or real life. If you felt
This is slightly different and called defamation. It can be adressed with the KUHP but since 2008 is dealt with the dreaded UU 11/2008 tentang ITE. In Indonesia you'd better be careful about what y ou post about who on sosmed.

takeshi

I appreciate your responses. I will assess the risk on my own, and if I still want to do it, I will choose the video carefully

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BATAM KEITH
Top Bottom