Can i process my epo on my own?

Elijah17824

My company didnt pay my 3 months salary. I resigned properly under 2 yr contract so i will not continue for another year. I am not after my salary anymore but with visa matters.

I have some questions to ask:
-do they have right to do deduction of payment from my current salary as payment to a new unsigned contract? Cos i resigned..
-if i wait for my visa to expire? Should i get epo still?
-is there a way i can do the epo by myself? Cos school doesn't answer me back regarding my questions.
-they also dont give my imta (cos the visa and imta is different from my job description) they are afraid that i might use it to other things.. Should i get the copy of it?
-my contract is marketing assistant but i am teaching.. Is it illegal and i can use as ground for complaining in our embassy?

Pls advise. Pls help to those who knew more about rules here..

Thank u

My company didnt pay my 3 months salary. I resigned properly under 2 yr contract so i will not continue for another year. I am not after my salary anymore but with visa matters.

I have some questions to ask:
-do they have right to do deduction of payment from my current salary as payment to a new unsigned contract? Cos i resigned..
-if i wait for my visa to expire? Should i get epo still?
-is there a way i can do the epo by myself? Cos school doesn't answer me back regarding my questions.
-they also dont give my imta (cos the visa and imta is different from my job description) they are afraid that i might use it to other things.. Should i get the copy of it?
-my contract is marketing assistant but i am teaching.. Is it illegal and i can use as ground for complaining in our embassy?

Pls advise. Pls help to those who knew more about rules here..

Thank u

This is a tough situation in normal times, but right now it's basically nuts. Immigration is basically closed and not accepting in person applications anymore. All applications are handled online, via e-mail. Are you planning on returning to Indonesia anytime soon?

If not your easiest is just to leave under your own MERP and that's the end of it.

Embassy is not going to help you with this, unfortunately.

Also, our embassy and our govt has programs for workers like us who is being abused by the employer.. So issues like this can be brought up to our embassy..

This used to be standard operating procedure for a lot of schools years back.... Stop paying teachers salaries, and create headaches for all. When asked I would warn teachers to always make sure they had a valid exit permit on hand.. I would not work unless I had an exit permit. Some schools would not initially pay for exit permits, in the belief that teachers could not bolt!!! Of course there were bad schools and bad teachers, but imo bad school owners were the majority!!

How will i do that? Do you know? Can u help me understand it?

Is there an agent that can do this?

This used to be standard operating procedure for a lot of schools years back.... Stop paying teachers salaries, and create headaches for all. When asked I would warn teachers to always make sure they had a valid exit permit on hand.. I would not work unless I had an exit permit. Some schools would not initially pay for exit permits, in the belief that teachers could not bolt!!! Of course there were bad schools and bad teachers, but imo bad school owners were the majority!!

Hahahaha 🤣 unfortunately im emplyed in a school just like that. I stopped our elearning cos why would i work if i dont get my salary?

Your best bet is just to leave the minute you can, even just to SG and see if they let you slip through during the melee. I wouldnt suggest you return for a while just to be on the safe side. And certainly not for work. Seems you were extremely naive when you came here and started working without doing your homework first about visas, work permits, your rights, etc etc etc

I would suggest in future before moving to a new country and starting a new job that you find out thorough information first about the correct legal process to be employed there

Just some friendly advice

How will i do that? Do you know? Can u help me understand it?

Is there an agent that can do this?

You will already have this MERP with your KITAS. You don't need to do anything anymore to get it. It means you can leave and re-enter the country during your stay permit.

But officially you need an EPO if you want to leave permanently. But if you'd never come back, then just leaving (so on your MERP) would not have consequences....

My husband is here so i need to go back still. No plans of working yet as i neednto rest cos my doctor advised me to do so in order to get pregnant. The school caused me a lot of stress making me very sickly this year

Hmm, don't know which country you're from but it could be difficult to get back after leaving with an EPO, no more VOA or visa free and necessary health certificate. Is your husband Indonesian? Of course you can't have two KITAS at the same time and the VITAS process will be delayed, so you need to think how to arrange his sponsorship then.

Anyway, good luck.

Yes, it is illegal. I doubt your embassy will help.

You face a big fine and deportation, the company faces a bigger fine.

My husband is here so i need to go back still. No plans of working yet as i neednto rest cos my doctor advised me to do so in order to get pregnant. The school caused me a lot of stress making me very sickly this year

Is your husband Indonesian? Is he able to sponsor you?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back