Bringing Food into Indonesia?

Dave

I still have the bottle of liquor that I brought last year, unopened.
I've got one that I've had maybe 2 or 3 drinks out of and it was only opened as a friend of my wife wanted to try it, OP Bundy Rum needless to say she wasn't keen lol

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I've got one that I've had maybe 2 or 3 drinks out of and it was only opened as a friend of my wife wanted to try it, OP Bundy Rum needless to say she wasn't keen lol

But as an umbrella drink it works very well. Too well in fact. And unlike in Europe or so, it is very cheap here to source Pineapple and Coconut cream/milk. Not to forget Lime (not lemon). Now my rum is finished all the time and I constantly need to make cocktails ? as Pina Colada/Mojito/Daiquiri.

Wisnu

Charter Member
I still have a bottle of cognac unopened, I brought from Kazakhstan 5 years ago, a gift from a friend, according to him was the best cognac in KZ.
The bottle look nice and beautiful so I keep it.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Ya, some bottles are so nice it's a shame to open them.

images

I have the same with some rum but even the Arak from Bali can be beautiful bottles. I take them to Europe.

What I ask guests to bring now, is mainly wine from France with weird names. They also make great presents. Impossible to get here and not so expensive:

b_wp_cab_sauv_nm_v4-bd_133x0.png

rh23_1.png

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
My heart broke when my unopened jar of Adam's peanut butter met the bottom of Changi's trash bin...turned out according to one of the officers...anything spreadable/paste...should be in the checked baggage. I'm hoping to bring some erythritol/stevia mix, maybe some, protein powder, lupin or keto flour from the US...

jstar

Mr. 10,000
My heart broke when my unopened jar of Adam's peanut butter met the bottom of Changi's trash bin...turned out according to one of the officers...anything spreadable/paste...should be in the checked baggage. I'm hoping to bring some erythritol/stevia mix, maybe some, protein powder, lupin or keto flour from the US...

I think it might have been too big or too much ml. They don't really care about the contents, it could even have been soup or so.

A single pot or whatever with a liquid can not be more than 100 ml. And it needs to be put in a ziplock bag.

It gets absurd; I even encountered issues since the plastic container with shampoo and tube of toothpaste were somewhat too big for the plastic transparent bag. ?

Exemptions will be made for medications (accompanied with an original letter from certified medical practitioners), baby food and special dietary items. These items will be subjected to additional checks at the security screening point.

Wisnu

Charter Member
What I ask guests to bring now, is mainly wine from France with weird names. They also make great presents. Impossible to get here and not so expensive:

Not from France, here we have "Ayam",

82F4kB0yQVuJIZt4bgjZjA_375x500.jpg

the taste isn't like ayam goreng.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Nice name. There's quite a history behind it, it seems? And we don't even realize there's a wine making industry in Egypt...

Wisnu

Charter Member
Indeed, Ayam is not the only local wine there's few others and relatively cheap. Ayam cost equal to Rp. 180k.
I like "just chardonnay" another weird name for local wine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ironmanjakarta