Bali peeps.... Indrakila?

William King

Charter Member
Cager
A friend with a young family may be offered a job there, but he is wondering what it is like? EAST Bali, is it far? Hospitals, schools etc?

'Fraid I don't know anything about the place.

Advice appreciated.

Can you be more specific with the location?

There's very few expats living out that way. Padangbai is only 53km from Kuta but its takes about 1.5 to 2 hours in normal traffic. At least 3 hours to Amed.

Healthcare
As far as know there's only one English speaking healthcare clinic in the whole of East Bali. It's in Candidasa, see here: http://www.pentamedica.com/index.php/contact-us

Other than that, you'll probably need to drive into Kuta to get English speaking medical treatment.

Schools
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there are any good private schools in East Bali, maybe there's some in Amlapura, but there wouldn't be many other expat kids there and they wouldn't teach in English. Pretty much all government schools in Bali are of a poor quality.

I hope that helps.

A friend with a young family may be offered a job there, but he is wondering what it is like? EAST Bali, is it far? Hospitals, schools etc?

'Fraid I don't know anything about the place.

Advice appreciated.

No idea what/where Indrakilla is? Depending on how far in East Bali, living closer to Denpasar and thus somewhat better schools and hospitals may be an option. But East Bali does not really have much in the way of infrastructure, and are generally considered the most impoverished parts of Bali.

Ok. I'll find a more specific location. But that helps anyway. Thanks.

ETA. A resort at Amankila

A resort at Amankila

Ok, so that's between Padang Bai and Candidasa. So he's looking at about a 1.5 to 2 commute into Kuta. Here's the location on Google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...0xb8ab0ba94f8b7f57!8m2!3d-8.500833!4d115.5275

Personally, I'd like to live out there if I was retired. It's a lovely area for tourism type activities. But not so much in the way of practical infrastructure.

I suppose it really depends on his wife. Is she confidant enough to drive a car in Bali? If so, that'd make it a lot easier to handle living out there with a young family.

Also, could his wife home-school the kids? Even if he was adventurous enough to send the kids to a local school, he'd still have to home-school the kids to make sure they don't fall behind.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf