America on Fire

Ruserious

I just went through that Twitter feed and there are more videos. First off, wow that house is even bigger and uglier than this video shows. Unfortunately the other videos show that the protestors broke through a gate and are on private property. I'm very anti American gun laws but at the same time this is no the right way to protest.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
A big house, big guns, presumably having lots of money and living in a state of fear. Glad they're not my neighbours.
On the one hand, it sure looks like nobody has ever taught that guy how to shoot. On the other hand, if I had an angry mob outside my house, I would rather have a gun (and plenty of ammo) than be unarmed. It has been interesting listening to the Joe Rogan podcast lately, as it seems that several of his Hollywood limousine-liberal friends have had sudden rather dramatic changes of heart regarding gun ownership - though none of them want their names revealed, of course!

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but OMG this is hilarious. I especially like the muzzle and trigger discipline displayed here.

In some places like Texas, if someone is on your property and you feel that your life is in danger, you could in theory kill them without worrying about jail time. Illinois I heard they had to be inside your home. Not sure what the law is in Miz.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
On a different note, has anyone heard anything about the four cops and what is going on in regards to charges and trials? It seems that everything has gone silent.

The news cycle seems to have gone like this:

Covid19--->George Floyd Murder----->BLM Protests/Tearing down statues----->Covid19

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
The protesters were marching in a private subdivision and not on public road, but not on the couple’s exact property either. The couple were scared of protesters just staying on the road on their way to Mayor Lyda Krewson’s house. I think they’re typical Fox News viewers who think protesters are all looters.

They should be glad that they don’t live in Indiana, because here it’s against the law to point a gun at people (unless you’re in actual danger). They may not escape charges, because Missouri apparently prohibits “Angrily exhibiting a weapon in the presence of one or more people.”

They’re not gun guys. He carried a stock long barrel AR-15 and she brandished a James Bond style stainless Walther PPK. They’re unlikely to know what’s completely legal and what isn’t when it comes to guns, even though they’re lawyers. Their expertise is personal injury, not criminal law.

Last edited:

dafluff

Cager
I just went through that Twitter feed and there are more videos. First off, wow that house is even bigger and uglier than this video shows. Unfortunately the other videos show that the protestors broke through a gate and are on private property. I'm very anti American gun laws but at the same time this is no the right way to protest.
Just to set the record straight, the protesters are on the common area of a gated community, and at no time were they on the property of the couple. Also the protesters were just passing by to the mayor's house, who also lives in that complex.

Aerial shot of the area:

asd.jpg

But mostly I'm just amused by the pink polo shirt guy muzzle sweeping his wife, and the wife having her finger on the trigger the whole time. Maybe they should enroll in a gun safety course or two.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
A big house, big guns, presumably having lots of money and living in a state of fear. Glad they're not my neighbours.
He is a medical malpractice lawyer or ambulance chaser. Said he was protecting private property but was pointing the gun at people walking down a public sidewalk. It may be a sidewalk in front of your house but they do not belong to the home owners. City property. This guy should have been arrested and charged with something fitting.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
It’s a private street, so he’s within his rights to tell protesters to get out. However, pointing his rifle at people who were just passing through was stupid, and possibly illegal. Of course he raised the “fear for my life” defense and claimed that protesters were threatening him, even though there is no evidence of it. He knows that the court is going to see it as he-says-she-says.

Nothing is going to happen legally. They can show that the private gate was eventually damaged, and the protesters were indeed trespassing. Both parties were wrong, but since nobody got hurt there will probably be no charges filed. Rich lawyers in America can get away with a lot of things.

Last edited:

Dave70

Cager
Sooner or later, there could be shooting incidents as both sides are arming themselves.

gemima

Cager
The protesters were marching in a private subdivision and not on public road, but not on the couple’s exact property either. The couple were scared of protesters just staying on the road on their way to Mayor Lyda Krewson’s house. I think they’re typical Fox News viewers who think protesters are all looters.

They should be glad that they don’t live in Indiana, because here it’s against the law to point a gun at people (unless you’re in actual danger). They may not escape charges, because Missouri apparently prohibits “Angrily exhibiting a weapon in the presence of one or more people.”

They’re not gun guys. He carried a stock long barrel AR-15 and she brandished a James Bond style stainless Walther PPK. They’re unlikely to know what’s completely legal and what isn’t when it comes to guns, even though they’re lawyers. Their expertise is personal injury, not criminal law.
I almost feel sorry for them - the terror on their faces. They really need to turn off US TV and get out into the world a bit more.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
If they were scared by the news, they have are going to be really scared as they have become memes.

Hawaiian shirt are down. Buy pink polos now.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
Sooner or later, there could be shooting incidents as both sides are arming themselves.

Actually the right wing folks have always been heavily armed, and a lot of them are itching to show and use their guns. In the beginning BLM protesters didn’t carry firearms, because a black person carrying a rifle in public tend to scare people and the police. As more and more white supremacists show up armed to the teeth with complete tactical gear —supposedly to protect businesses from looters— some protesters begin to arm themselves.

It’s not a secret that the majority of gun owners in USA are conservatives, and the NRA today is a very rabid (and corrupt) right wing organization that loves to stoke fear, because it encourages people to donate.

The thing is, just because they’re the majority doesn’t mean the minority is completely defenseless. Everybody in that video are gun enthusiasts who know what they’re doing. Every single one of them has a red dot sight installed, slings their rifle properly, and shows trigger discipline. One has a short barreled rifle that’s legally a ‘pistol’, and they’re not typically sold that way. The woman has a tiffany blue rifle, which is uncommon because cerakoting it in that color costs a couple hundred dollars extra. That’s a lot considering the AR only costs around $500. She also takes the extra safety step of not loading the magazine, which is a good way to show that she’s not an immediate threat.

Last edited:

centurion

Cager
American morons.
They should have lived in nice gated apartments, surrounded by security, like all smart Chinese folks in Jakarta.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
Karen and Ken are in the news again.

Here’s more on the couple, they truly are nasty.

dafluff

Cager
American morons.
They should have lived in nice gated apartments, surrounded by security, like all smart Chinese folks in Jakarta.
1. Not all "smart" Indonesians of Chinese descent (I think this is what you mean by "Chinese folks") live in nice gated apartments. Nor are the ones who don't dumb.
2. Not everyone living in nice gated apartments are "smart" Indonesians of Chinese descent.
3. The dynamic between Caucasians in the US and the minority community is vastly different than the one between Indonesians of Chinese descent and other Indonesians, which makes your comparison irrelevant.
4. Most importantly, these race baiting posts need to end. Make sure that this is your last post of this nature in this forum.

El_Goretto

Cager
American morons.
Your dig at Chinese-Indonesians is completely uncalled for and absolutely irrelevant to the topic at hand. I second Dafluff that your baiting and off-topic posts need to stop immediately.

And this is not an invitation for debate. Let's keep it on topic, please.

centurion

Cager
1. Not all "smart" Indonesians of Chinese descent (I think this is what you mean by "Chinese folks") live in nice gated apartments. Nor are the ones who don't dumb.
2. Not everyone living in nice gated apartments are "smart" Indonesians of Chinese descent.
3. The dynamic between Caucasians in the US and the minority community is vastly different than the one between Indonesians of Chinese descent and other Indonesians, which makes your comparison irrelevant.
4. Most importantly, these race baiting posts need to end. Make sure that this is your last post of this nature in this forum.
The post was sarcasm and has not a meaning to offend anybody. Also, it has a point to induce self-reflection before judging others.

Some people had 300 people going through their neighbourhood. We were not in their shoes, and I do not how would anybody (of us) behave or react is some group of protesters goes trough our neighbourhoods after protests that were peaceful but on moment violent. The one who was not in his life int protests that became violent cannot understand that, I suppose most of the people here(for the record, my case is opposite).

There was a dynamic after the 1998 riots when a lot of people moved to apartment buildings and living in big nice houses was not so safe anymore. The latest example was when protesting people(mob?) almost marched on Ahok's house. He said at that time that his son prepared an air gun to defend himself.
In the US will maybe start the same dynamic of living in guarded apartments, who knows.

Also, @Nimbus mentioned that Ken and Karen are nasty people. That does not deprive them of their rights, despite being nasty lawyers,-the post implies that or I wrongly assume such tone. Similar argument uses Candace Owens when speaking about George Floyd-that he was convicted multiple times and that he was high on meth. That could maybe true, but it is irrelevant, as it does not deprive him on his right to live.

centurion

Cager
Reverse Ken and Karen case, although with much more direct threat involved.

The man acted absolutely within his rights as described in "stand your ground" law.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
The post was sarcasm and has not a meaning to offend anybody. Also, it has a point to induce self-reflection before judging others.

Some people had 300 people going through their neighbourhood. We were not in their shoes, and I do not how would anybody (of us) behave or react is some group of protesters goes trough our neighbourhoods after protests that were peaceful but on moment violent. The one who was not in his life int protests that became violent cannot understand that, I suppose most of the people here(for the record, my case is opposite).

There was a dynamic after the 1998 riots when a lot of people moved to apartment buildings and living in big nice houses was not so safe anymore. The latest example was when protesting people(mob?) almost marched on Ahok's house. He said at that time that his son prepared an air gun to defend himself.
In the US will maybe start the same dynamic of living in guarded apartments, who knows.

Also, @Nimbus mentioned that Ken and Karen are nasty people. That does not deprive them of their rights, despite being nasty lawyers,-the post implies that or I wrongly assume such tone. Similar argument uses Candace Owens when speaking about George Floyd-that he was convicted multiple times and that he was high on meth. That could maybe true, but it is irrelevant, as it does not deprive him on his right to live.
I was around the riot in 98 and I’m currently a gun owner, so I can speak from personal experience on this.

If I were in their situation, I would not be waving and pointing guns round. Crowds have the tendency to turn hostile and dangerous for the smallest provocations. If I were truly afraid of my well being, I would have stayed in the house and watched, with guns nearby but out of sight. The best defense against an unruly mob is invisibility; I’m safe as long as I don’t attract any attention.

Based on other videos that have surfaced and the couple’s history, I’m convinced that they were motivated by anger and indignation rather than fear. How dare “these people” trespass on the neighborhood, even when they don’t trespass on the couple’s private property. Karen was walking halfway up the front lawn toward the protesters, with a pistol pointing at them. That’s not a behavior of somebody fearing for her life, that’s an attempt at intimidation. If they were truly afraid because some of the protesters were armed (as they claimed), they would have put a wall between them and the crowd.

Gee, there are people with guns on the street. Since we fear for our lives, let’s walk up to them and point our guns at them. That would surely make us safer.

If you read the article, the McCloskeys have filed a lawsuit claiming ownership of the piece of neighborhood land between the streets. I think they were attempting to bolster their claim to that narrow strip by defending it from trespassers. It’s all about money and their ego.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christianfletcheratlanta
Top Bottom