317 VITAS Guarantee Letter

ChrisD

Hi all,

Lodged my application online (quite easy once you cut and paste the attachments to between 50kb & 500kb).

It has been rejected as they are not happy with the guarantee letter signed by my wife.

We wrote it in English and Bahasa Indonesian but it got knocked back.

Does anyone have any wording I could use for this.

The knock back also says it should be stamped (not really clear if that is the problem or the wording - I think both).

I presume this means I should have put a 6,000rp stamp on the letter and had my wife sign over it (as you do for legal contracts).

NB: The knock back was next day, so good service by Imigrasi.

Any help gratefully appreciated :smile:

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris. Don't know what you 'did wrong' without seeing the example of course. But perhaps it has to do with this?

We've done our share of sponsor and guarantee letters over the years and always include the purpose of the stay. And make a global statement and declaration like this, what we just copy and paste:

Says akan menjamin hal-hal berikut ini yang berkaitan denganmasuknya ybs ke Indonesia:

1. keberadaan dan biaya selama ybs berada di Indonesia;
2. ketaatan terhadap hukum dan peraturan di Indonesia;
3. membayar biaya jika ybs melanggar aturan keimigrasiandan dideportasi dari Indonesia.

It's more or less stating that the Garantor takes responsibility for everything.

And yes, they're probably talking about the materai. Your wife will know what to do.

Thanks to both of you :first::first:

Greatly appreciated and will do.

Hopefully have some good news in a few days :smile:

Another rejection :doh:

This time for nationality.

Be aware there is a fault in their list as they do not include the standard British Citizen option.

They include all the others:
British Nationality Overseas
British Protected Citizen
British Dependent Territories Citizen
British Subject.

But they don’t have British Citizen.

NB: British subject is another of the overseas born option from 1983 changes and not a standard citizen.

All 5 of the above are defined separately on the UK Gov site.

Weirdly, they have England as a nationality option (but not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland).

Being English born, I will try England and see if that works. Glad i am not Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish :ohwell:

They should have in database incorrectly "Inggris" but I think they also have "Britania Raya"-Great Britain.

Glad i am not Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish :ohwell:

What to think about Jerman, Perancis or Belanda? I've seen people sweating at these computer terminals at the Indonesia Embassies (KBRI). And if you're from Ivory Coast and don't speak any Bahasa, you're really screwed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berishabrickad
Back
Top Bottom