Recent content by Helpful Herbert

  1. H

    New Kitap ??

    Considering that these days with a KITAP you just go through the automatic gates at the airport, there is no need for either a card or the paper version.
  2. H

    Students Are Learning Less Globally

    When I passed the mensa exam it was 170+ I think. I didn't want to join I just wanted to see if I could pass the exam!
  3. H

    How do you guys invest?

    What you write doesn't make any sense. You seem to think that Indonesia is capable of blocking all the thousands of banks and trading platforms worldwide, and also all VPNs? And that they would want to? While anything is possible, for example in a very high surveillance society like China or...
  4. H

    KITAS EFF Retirement Visa

    It's so much easier marrying a local. But whether that works out cheaper is a more difficult question :ROFLMAO:
  5. H

    Aviation info.

    I missed the UK problems by 12 hours. And last week I missed the Indonesian closure by 4 hours. Feeling pretty lucky at the moment
  6. H

    Krakatoa eruption

    I got out on Saturday evening, just before they stopped all the middle Eastern flights, so feeling pretty good about that!
  7. H

    The show has started

    Is that £2000 per category, or to cover all four?
  8. H

    Middle Class Under Pressure

    A living wage makes things more difficult for those who are unemployed, as it makes it more expensive to hire them. A universal basic income for everybody regardless of whether they work or not is another idea, but it still doesn't give them something to do during the day.
  9. H

    Proposal to increase the parking charge up to Rp60k for cars and up to Rp15k per hour for motor bike !!!

    So if you own a commercial building, and construct and manage a car park in the basement you have to give all the revenue from the car park to the government?
  10. H

    The show has started

    So did anything actually happen in these demonstrations? I can't see any major news reports or anything. Was it really worth shutting down schools for two days around the city just for a crowd of people outside the parliament?
  11. H

    Proposal to increase the parking charge up to Rp60k for cars and up to Rp15k per hour for motor bike !!!

    I wasn't aware that the government sets parking prices. How does that work?
  12. H

    Credit card for foreigner

    I'm apparently in the 6th decile so I wouldn't be eligible
  13. H

    Tax planning for US Expat

    For paying school tuition I would suggest making the payment directly from your foreign bank account to the school's bank account, so that it doesn't have to go through your local account at all. If you use Wise or Revolut you could even send it directly in rupiah. The same thing applies if you...
  14. H

    Tax planning for US Expat

    Wrong. This would only happen if you are fully registered in the Indonesian tax system (eg if you are employed by an Indonesian company). Someone retiring to Indonesia without making Indonesian tax declarations would not be affected despite being resident.
  15. H

    Dual citizenship, how likely is it?

    I don't see how he could introduce dual citizenship just for a few narrow categories of people.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

New posts Latest threads

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
6,724
Messages
113,696
Members
4,024
Latest member
ayauayu
Back
Top Bottom