Woman sentenced to 3 months for killing teenager with car

By Indonesian law any driving that causes human death is negligent driving. Somebody can literally toss himself in front of your car, and his death would still be your fault legally. Without knowing the exact circumstances of the case, I can’t tell whether she was truly being a road devil, or was just exceedingly unlucky.

A dash cam is really important here, to give a chance of fairness in any unfortunate accident ,at least the truth is clear to all concerned ,the driving laws seem draconian ,to say the least !

The court also heard O'Brien had struck a compensation deal, of an undisclosed amount, with the victim's family, which factored into the relatively lenient sentence.

Rather unfortunate wording...

A dash cam is really important here, to give a chance of fairness in any unfortunate accident ,at least the truth is clear to all concerned ,the driving laws seem draconian ,to say the least !
The law hasn’t been updated from the Dutch era, when cars were slow and traffic was light.

The law hasn’t been updated from the Dutch era, when cars were slow and traffic was light.

Scary for drivers if you make a mistake , prison looms and "blood money".

Scary for drivers if you make a mistake , prison looms and "blood money".
I’m not completely against this informal blood money practice. If I ever get into a fatal accident through no fault of mine, it’s the only way to skip or minimize jail time. Of course I prefer that they update the law to suit the 21st century, but I’m not holding my breath for it.

There is footage of the accident, actually.

By Indonesian law any driving that causes human death is negligent driving. Somebody can literally toss himself in front of your car, and his death would still be your fault legally. Without knowing the exact circumstances of the case, I can’t tell whether she was truly being a road devil, or was just exceedingly unlucky.
Unless your father is a well know political activist musician.

50 juta when one of the nearby resorts driver hit and killed someone on a motor around 2 years ago.

Bit more than a sideswipe by the look of the damage on the car.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back