When Bali is opening for Tourists?

Mmmm, sounds dodgy about the Rusky's, how are they getting in? Indonesias can't even leave the country.
I won't be leaving Oz until first quarter next year, so hopefully I can then get back to Sumatera Utara.
If a no go next year I might take a retirement visa in Cambodia and wait it out.

Mmmm, sounds dodgy about the Rusky's, how are they getting in? Indonesias can't even leave the country.
I won't be leaving Oz until first quarter next year, so hopefully I can then get back to Sumatera Utara.
Dodgy business visas. Lots of tourists arriving in Bali on them. They still have to do the quarantine in Jakarta for 5 days first though.

With the latest variant Delta much much more contagious I think it is unlikely that Indonesia has the health resources or vaccination program to get on top of this pandemic.

Yes - very difficult to see any way out. Every 6 months there will be a new variant, and meanwhile people will need boosters plus they will still be 10s of millions of vaccines away from herd immunity. There are huge programmes already to tackle endemic diseases here like malaria, TB and dengue, which make slow progress, and Covid will just become another one of those.

By the end of the year Europe and the US should be fine, but Indonesia will still be affected by this thing for the rest of the decade. Schools will open and close and open again on repeat, quarantines will be in place, people will travel and go out less, life will just be different. Many other developing countries are in the same boat.

The ruskys are getting in with dodgy business / social visas provided by local agents . Not so smart of indonesia ,imho .

Indonesians can leave whenever they like.
Plenty of countries open for tourism
Dubai. Maldives. Turkey.

Russians get in by abusing the business visa system

On a side topic, curious how does it work if those digital nomads want vaccine? With no kitas or nik or stkk etc?
All the tourists and people on 6 month sosbuds etc?
I mean they are the spreaders / non maskers. They should be getting vaccinated?
But how could they? Can they? Maybe eventually it becomes "any one in Indonesia regardless of visa status, age, etc" is eligible?

Maybe eventually it becomes "any one in Indonesia regardless of visa status, age, etc" is eligible?
You reckon they are going to have so much unwanted vaccine that they just give it to all takers? Uh huh... And what year do you expect this miracle to happen?

You reckon they are going to have so much unwanted vaccine that they just give it to all takers? Uh huh... And what year do you expect this miracle to happen?
oh ye of little faith:
"bali has announced that vaccine is available to all tourists and digital nomads or non kitas holders for purchase of 1jt per shot"

Simple.

ps thats my own press release lol

It looks like things here in East Java are a bit different from other parts of Indonesia.

20210623_190611.jpg

We've received announcements like this from local hospitals and puskesmas since the beginning of may. The requirements are few for those who want to be vaccinated and maybe you don't even have to be a local resident. I had no problems with my ktp oa from a different kabupaten to get my shots.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berishabrickad
Back
Top Bottom