When Bali is opening for Tourists?

Maybe 2022. Yes. Seriously. Unlikely this year that's for sure. Things are getting worse here not better.

Any news when Bali is opening for Tourists?
There are many different levels of "open".

Right now there are many tourists here. They are here on a "business" visa. :LOL:

I think they will gradually relax the restrictions further, perhaps allowing tourist visas in the near future.

The free visa entry, where every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a passport can show up at the border and enter may take a lot longer.

With the latest variant Delta much much more contagious I think it is unlikely that Indonesia has the health resources or vaccination program to get on top of this pandemic. Meanwhile the economic impact is devastating. Countries such as Indonesia caught in this bind are being pressured towards abandoning lockdowns as a means of opening up and restoring tourism and the economy. Bali in particular has been anxious to encourage more domestic tourism which means people visiting from hot zones such as Jakarta. Yet midday news indicates a fast spreading Covid cluster in Denpasar.

Predicting when the door will open for international tourism short of a Presidential abandonment of containment policies is impossible to predict. The irony is that even were the door completely open worldwide problems suggest a resumption of easy international travel will not happen any time soon. Oddly enough, there are increasing numbers of Russians entering Bali. A Russian neighbour suggested there are many Russian Mafia now lodged here.

With the latest variant Delta much much more contagious I think it is unlikely that Indonesia has the health resources or vaccination program to get on top of this pandemic. Meanwhile the economic impact is devastating. Countries such as Indonesia caught in this bind are being pressured towards abandoning lockdowns as a means of opening up and restoring tourism and the economy. Bali in particular has been anxious to encourage more domestic tourism which means people visiting from hot zones such as Jakarta. Yet midday news indicates a fast spreading Covid cluster in Denpasar.

Predicting when the door will open for international tourism short of a Presidential abandonment of containment policies is impossible to predict. The irony is that even were the door completely open worldwide problems suggest a resumption of easy international travel will not happen any time soon. Oddly enough, there are increasing numbers of Russians entering Bali. A Russian neighbour suggested there are many Russian Mafia now lodged here.
Mmmm, sounds dodgy about the Rusky's, how are they getting in? Indonesias can't even leave the country.
I won't be leaving Oz until first quarter next year, so hopefully I can then get back to Sumatera Utara.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back