What Indonesian bank do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Money matters, Banking and Investments' started by Vicissidude, May 3, 2017.

1. BPNBound

BPNBound New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys,

Looks like my family and I are moving to Kalimantan from Australia for an engineering firm.

For a family of five spending a lot of time in Balikpapan, Jakarta and Singapore, should we just go BCA or use HSBC or Citibank to have some flexibility when outside Indonesia.

2. snpark

snpark Well-Known Member Cager

Ratings:
    +387
    Both
    BCA for Domestic and open an HSBC for when you want to transfer to / from overseas - in some cases (like GBP) you can even get the money same day, when I transfer from Lloyds TSB offshore in Isle of Man to HSBC Jakarta, I can call on the phone banking before 1pm UK time and sometimes I check 11pm in Jakarta and it already shows in my HSBC - for sure next day 100% anyway because Lloyds send it to HSBC London and of course HSBC - HSBC is instant (or should be)

But for local domestic transfers, payments, credit card, I totally recommend BCA, been here over 10 years never ever had a problem with anything and very rarely even have to go to the branch or call them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. snpark

Ratings:
    +387
    BCA still works fine internationally for their cards, but to transfer int'l you have to go to the branch, but HSBC you can do int'l online
    BCA do an SG airways credit card also
    HSBC do card but with airmiles not spec. SG air

4. BPNBound

BPNBound New Member

Ratings:
    +1
  5. snpark

Ratings:
    +387
    Welcome

6. snpark

Ratings:
    +387
    Still need a Nanny?
    Or a financial advisor. Lol

7. snpark

Ratings:
    +387
    My British pounds aren't so great these days

Any chance of it in Fantastic European Dollars ?

8. DzulnSiti

DzulnSiti Member

Ratings:
    +12
    If I transfer about SGD400k from Singapore to HSBC Indonesia will the bank ask question? Because last time when my wife want to deposit Rp200k they ask a lot of question at BNI Batam .The money is from my pension fund that I will get if I become WNI.

9. snpark

Ratings:
    +387
    Not really because your bank in SG has already done their due diligence when you deposited it . However courtesy to forewarn Hsbc in advance will be beneficial and get you better rates etc

For example inquire about deposit rates and then mention you have $400 you want to invest from SG.
    Tell them you are going to transfer it and what would they need to make things easier . Chances are just a bank statement copy from the Sg bank is enough and maybe just a letter detailing how you have it. Life savings Property sale. Lottery win . Etc etc

You shouldn't have problems if you use a bit of common sense and some manners . HSBC is a big enough bank to be used to such sums .

Open Hsbc premier also . Will be better in the long run .

10. jstar

jstar Mr. 10,000

Ratings:
    +374
    You need to report bigger amounts like these and (most) banks use standard forms. Just to avoid money laundering. In fact the foreign / Singaporean bank doesn't have a lot to do with this, it is an Indonesian (BI) requirement.