Watch out for Skippy.

Adrafinil

Too expensive to import quality food into Indonesia.
I wouldn't eat Chinese food,
you all can knock yourself out with it

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
My family and friends gave the same response when I brought them oleh oleh from Indonesia... What a shame.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
You must not live in Indonesia. A lot of food is Chinese imports. Except the rats. They all come from Russia.

harryopal

Charter Member
You must not live in Indonesia. A lot of food is Chinese imports. Except the rats. They all come from Russia.

I hear that Mr Putin is taking a personal interest in your remark about Russians and they are preparing something special for you.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Chinese Mexican-American tortilla chips sold to Indonesians -- the world is getting smaller.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
I wish there were good local tortilla chips, and flour and corn tortillas in Indonesia. I usually bring some flour tortillas when I come from the states, but have been out for almost 6 months.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
I've just been buying those kebab wraps at Setiabudi Store and pretending they are tortillas. I tend to fry my burritos anyway, so the difference is less noticeable. I'm not recommending it, just what I get by with.
They also have a frozen, ready to fry, paratha that makes a slightly more delicious substitute than the kebab wraps.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
I've just been buying those kebab wraps at Setiabudi Store and pretending they are tortillas. I tend to fry my burritos anyway, so the difference is less noticeable. I'm not recommending it, just what I get by with.
They also have a frozen, ready to fry, paratha that makes a slightly more delicious substitute than the kebab wraps.
The parathas they have are pretty good, if you fry them up in the pan. That’s how I eat rendang most of the time. Not anywhere as good as real paratha, but much better than the things they sell here that they call tortillas.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lalunapetcare
Top Bottom