VOA

merahputih

Charter Member
Cager
Hello all,
We will fly to Indonesia from Amsterdam in several days. We usually get in and get out from Jakarta but the airline changed the route. This time we will land in Kualanamu. The return flight is from Denpasar.

Years ago when the free VOA was just applied, I read a thread about someone who entered from Jakarta and get free VOA. After his vacation he was intended to leave Indonesia from Denpasar. He was stopped in the airport because the officer said he hasn't paid for his VOA. Apparently he said, free VOA only applied when someone enters and leaves from the same airport. I can't find the thread anymore, or may be it's a thread in another forum.

My husband is a Dutch citizen, which in my understanding, may get free VOA for 30days. Should we just pay VOA in Kualanamu to avoid problem when we need to fly back? I want to avoid the hassle in the airport. Any experience?

Just a detail; it is visa-free since the countries are visa exempt. So a free VOA does not exist, for a visa you'd always pay. The presidential decree on visa-free never stated the arrival and departure airport had to be the same.

At the time some people encountered issues since not all air- and seaports offered the visa-free facility. Only five airports had it. So people who flew in via Jakarta for instance, and left somewhere else like from Yogyakarta, were forced to pay. (Bali always was included on the visa-free list, so you probably did read about another airport.)

Nowadays I don't know any international airport anymore that doesn't offer the visa free. Medan also had it from the start.

Have a good flight!

VOA $35 on arrival 30 days can extend once another 30 days
Visa exempt free but only lasts 30 days.
Inclusive of arrive and depart date

Sometimes they get picky about your reasons to be here. Just say holiday for 2 weeks etc

Just a detail; it is visa-free since the countries are visa exempt. So a free VOA does not exist, for a visa you'd always pay. The presidential decree on visa-free never stated the arrival and departure airport had to be the same.

At the time some people encountered issues since not all air- and seaports offered the visa-free facility. Only five airports had it. So people who flew in via Jakarta for instance, and left somewhere else like from Yogyakarta, were forced to pay. (Bali always was included on the visa-free list, so you probably did read about another airport.)

Nowadays I don't know any international airport anymore that doesn't offer the visa free. Medan also had it from the start.

Have a good flight!

Hi jstar,
That's a very clear explanation. Thank you for your prompt reply.

VOA $35 on arrival 30 days can extend once another 30 days
Visa exempt free but only lasts 30 days.
Inclusive of arrive and depart date

Sometimes they get picky about your reasons to be here. Just say holiday for 2 weeks etc

Hi snpark,
Well, we will be there indeed for a vacation. And yes, for two weeks :D. Thank you for your info.

I mean always say 2 weeks rather than 30 days, I don't know why but just by saying 2 weeks seems more feasible than if you want to stay the maximum amount which might indicate you are a digital nomad. Just some weird thing. Maybe it makes a difference or not I don't know, but if you say here on holiday for 2 weeks it's more realistic than "I am here for exactly 30 days and no I am not working or attending any meetings or opening my work email in Starbucks" etc etc

Visiting friends doesn't count as tourism for some of the agents, go figure!

hi,
does anyone in here has experience extend VOA, in my case, our expat in december came to indonesia buy visa , then at january extend at immigration, after that he exit to malaysia in february, then buy visa available until march, sooner his visa will expired (around 20 march), can this situation to extend again ?thanks for share

hi,
does anyone in here has experience extend VOA, in my case, our expat in december came to indonesia buy visa , then at january extend at immigration, after that he exit to malaysia in february, then buy visa available until march, sooner his visa will expired (around 20 march), can this situation to extend again ?thanks for share
He can extend again he just needs to follow the same process as the last extension.
I would question whether VOA is the right visa for "your expat" (I'm assuming he is working and probably needs a KITAS?).

hi,

Yes what do you mean by "your expat" ?? Your worker?

And a paid VOA $35 can be extended one time for an extra 30 days inc. then he must leave the country and return on a new paid $35 voa which then also can be extended one time extra 30 days inc.

Confused, as are many, by "your expat" ??

Yes what do you mean by "your expat" ?? Your worker?

And a paid VOA $35 can be extended one time for an extra 30 days inc. then he must leave the country and return on a new paid $35 voa which then also can be extended one time extra 30 days inc.

Confused, as are many, by "your expat" ??
he's kitas still in process, but he travel to here just make sure his future office... ok same process with last extension, thanks for info

wow how long has his kitas been "in process" ? are you even sure its being processed?

so he travels here to check his future office, and does what every day for 60 days at a time and now the 2nd time? You need to be careful, if he is caught working it is a big mess for him and you

I think you’re gonna have a huge issue when they issue the 312 visa and see he’s already been in the country for a few months.

Good luck.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats