Separate Wealth and Buying property

make_batik_great_again

You have to register your postnup where your marriage has been registered. If the marriage was muslim, in KUA. If the marriage was non-muslim or it was abroad, it should be registered in Catatan Sipil. Courts do not register contracts anymore and stopped decades ago, and they would refuse to do so if you ask them to do a contract registration.
Ok, then it is still as I thought and as I was told by our notary. Married abroad, so only registration at cat. sipil needed.

Mamat

Courts do not register contracts anymore and stopped decades ago, and they would refuse to do so if you ask them to do a contract registration.
That is correct. Actually, depending of the area, city you are. Some Court won't accept any, some will. Some Agencies that help foreigners into that matter do it sometimes. It is not mandatory, but was suggested. If you don't really need it, better avoid it i'd say. Don't tell my wife I said that hehehe

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
As usual here confusion re process, our notaris said the only thing that was needed was to register at the court in denpasar which he did ,this would then be transmitted to the relevant offices ie kua and cat sip .

centurion

Cager
As usual here confusion re process, our notaris said the only thing that was needed was to register at the court in denpasar which he did ,this would then be transmitted to the relevant offices ie kua and cat sip .
Highly unlikely. There is no confusion as the regulations are very clear.

The notary should give you a proof of the registration of the postnup. It is either a note on the back of your marriage certificate from catatan sipil or on the back of the KUA buku nikah, or sometimes it is a separate paper. The procedure is usually 2 weeks in normal conditions.

Helpful Herbert

The process is: 1) the notaris registers it at the court, and the court will stamp the actual prenup/postnup (see my other post above for the wording of the stamp) 2) you then need to register it at the CatSip or KUA. It may be that this second part is now done automatically, but back in the early 2010s when I did mine I had to go to the CatSip and show them the prenup (I forget if they took a copy of it or not).

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
The process is: 1) the notaris registers it at the court, and the court will stamp the actual prenup/postnup (see my other post above for the wording of the stamp) 2) you then need to register it at the CatSip or KUA. It may be that this second part is now done automatically, but back in the early 2010s when I did mine I had to go to the CatSip and show them the prenup (I forget if they took a copy of it or not).
Thats exactly what our notaris told us, with the second part being done automatically . That was a month ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndoSteph