Search function not working?

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Tried to enter pretty general words like WNI into the search field and came up nothing...wonder if I did it wrong or the search function isn't working?

Tried to enter pretty general words like WNI into the search field and came up nothing...wonder if I did it wrong or the search function isn't working?

A search needs to be longer than 3 letters, so things like WNI and BCA don't return results.

Yeah, my first thought was the "three letter words don't count" problem (not unique to XenForo by the way - it is common across the board, no pun intended). It has something to do with the computing power that would be needed for 3-letter strings, I guess. (Don't quote me, I am ignorant about such things.)

Anyway, if you can't make it work for you, feel free to post here about what sort of thing you are looking for. Maybe someone with good search-foo can help.

For shorter search terms you can use google, go to google.com and copy-paste this into the search bar (searching 'WNI'):
site:https://www.expatindo.org/community/threads/ WNI

So basically I tried to search past posts about ex-wni (or eks WNI) technically it's more than 3 letters..but nothing came up. Maybe the search string/parameter (don't know the exact term) needed the words to be exact?

I tried searching on three keywords: "former Indonesian citizenship" and many threads came up - the first ones were not about ex-WNI, they were about how to gain Indonesian citizenship. But there are several pages - you might try that and go back further to see what comes up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back