Planned Features / Feature Requests / Bugs

Import old smilies

Aaaaand that's done! Found a way to easily import the smileys so I did it to test it out. Works like a charm! Smileys are back!

Being able to select which forums to see new posts from.

This will not be possible at the moment. Haven't found a solution yet.

Review poster information for each post in a thread on mobile version to tighten things up a bit more like the default style.

Done.

A better solution for posting images (this one's a long shot because our hosting resources are limited)

See Dafluff's explanation here.

Being able to search for words with less than 4 letters

Done. I've set it to 3 characters minimum. So searching for EPO or VOA will work now.

More Formatting Options:

I've installed a new editor with A LOT more formatting options. Please test and let me know what you think and if everything works well.

Need a link to send PM (start conversations) from the profile page of each user.

Need a link to send PM (start conversations) from the profile page of each user.

This is done also. I have added a "Start a Conversation button" in the following spots:

User Info box next to each post (desktop view):

fb0a4228dc2249dd962c9c4956bf6c93.png

Mobile view:

c15bd6fcab1a424bb0e71182b52e0c64.png

And on the member profile page:

98654b6f2b9140dbbdad2c91b1b0ce1a.png

fb0a4228dc2249dd962c9c4956bf6c93.png

We've decided to reduce the clutter a bit on this by removing some elements and modifying others so that it is more compact (vertically):

0c6d733fe4a045d7a12320288d64ca91.png

To start a conversation, you can click on the username, a pop-up will appear with a button to start a conversation (among other information).

In mobile view, the start a conversation button is still available.

Thread Ratings:

You can now rate threads but there is a caveat: I'm unable to import the thread ratings from the vbulletin. So we will start with a blank state.

To rate a thread, open the thread then click on how many starts you'd like to give:

07f7e3379e8240498e1661967fa448ab.png

Result:

0dba1bce81bc4a82b7ca71aea9d4035c.png

Added the following requests:

1) Add a navigation bar at the bottom of page (or at least a quick link arrow back to top?)
2) Make moderator banner more prominent

Good job guys and a speedy migration.
My mini chunter (grumble) it seems to have transferred everything across as unread - freaked me out at first when I thought the forum had been swamped with posts , thought I'd never get through reading them haha..

Good job guys and a speedy migration.
My mini chunter (grumble) it seems to have transferred everything across as unread - freaked me out at first when I thought the forum had been swamped with posts , thought I'd never get through reading them haha..

Yes, that part didn't carry over... a little bit annoying but not much we can do...

no problem a simple "mark as read" action sorted it out :)

Added to the list:

Ability to ignore threads/forums

Completed:

• Add a navigation bar at the bottom of page (or at least a quick link arrow back to top?)
  • Make moderator banner more prominent

I'm not sure if it is just how I'm going about things but I prefer to use the Recent Posts view & one thing I seem to be missing is the little number next to the What's New tab which tells you how many new Posts there are, that way I could just glance at the screen to see if there was anything new whereas now it seems I have to refresh by clicking the What's New tab.

On the old forum it had a bit to do with the signal because when the signal was good, new posts would just fall in, then at other times I only had to mouse over the tab & they would fall in, or at worst I had to click to force them to fall in.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it is just how I'm going about things but I prefer to use the Recent Posts view & one thing I seem to be missing is the little number next to the What's New tab which tells you how many new Posts there are, that way I could just glance at the screen to see if there was anything new whereas now it seems I have to refresh by clicking the What's New tab.

On the old forum it had a bit to do with the signal because when the signal was good, new posts would just fall in, then at other times I only had to mouse over the tab & they would fall in, or at worst I had to click to force them to fall in.

Interesting... I never noticed there was such a counter on the old forum.

Fixed Embedding of Liveleak videos

I've added media embedding for a ton of media sites too:

blogging
Medium

documentaries
National Geographic Video

documents
Google Drive
Google Sheets
Scribd

entertainment
Break
CollegeHumor
Comedy Central
dumpert
Funny or Die
HumorTV
Team Coco
The Onion

file sharing
Zippyshare audio files

fundraising
GoFundMe
Indiegogo
Kickstarter

gaming
Gamespot
GameTrailers
IGN
LiveCap
Oddshot
Plays.tv
Steam store
Twitch
Ustream
Viagame
XboxClips
Xbox DVR

gossip
TMZ
health
Healthguru

images
Flickr
Getty Images
Gfycat
Gifs.com
Google Drive
Imgur
TinyPic videos

livestreaming
Livestream
Twitch
YouTube

misc
Amazon Product
Democracy Now!
FORA.tv
GitHub Gist (via custom iframe)
Hulu
Internet Archive
MRCTV
National Geographic Channel
Pastebin
Straw Poll
Video Detective
Vocaroo
Vox

movies
IMDb
The New York Times Video
Trailer Addict
Yahoo! Screen

music
Audiomack
Bandcamp
8tracks
Mixcloud
SoundCloud
Spotify
VEVO

news
ABC News
BBC News
CBS News Video
CNBC
CNN
CNNMoney
Fox News
Global News
MSNBC
NBC News
The New York Times Video
The Atlantic Video
The Guardian
Washington Post Video
The Wall Street Journal Online

podcasts
audioBoom
Libsyn
NPR
Podbean
Stitcher

presentations
Prezi
Scribd
SlideShare
TED Talks

social
Blab
Facebook
Google+
Instagram
Pinterest
Reddit threads and comments
Tumblr
Twitter
Vine

sports
Bleacher Report videos
ESPN
Hudl
Kontinental Hockey League (КХЛ)
MLB
NBC Sports
NHL Videos and Highlights
Sportsnet

videos
Brightcove
Coub
Dailymotion
Google Drive
JW Platform
Kiss Video
LiveLeak
Livestream
Metacafe
Streamable
Veoh
Videomega
vidme
Vimeo
Vine
WorldStarHipHop
YouTube

Smilies are now beautifully organized in 4 tabs! Excellent work EG!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back