Kitas to Kitap

I believe 90 days is always the rule for an extension, but 'alih status' from Kitas to Kitap should be possible at any time, even the day after receiving a Kitas, assuming all Kitap qualifications are met.
Not with the current situation with the Covid Restrictions . Have always gone in 2 to 3 weeks before expiry with the Kitas extension without a problem , did the same last year in October but due to the covid restrictions and everything having to go through the Ministry of Law and Human rights it took just on 3 months . That's right with the Kitas to Kitap as long as you've been married 2 years you can start the application process the day after but with the covid restrictions they're saying no later than 6 months before expiry of the Kitas !

as long as you've been married 2 years you can start the application process the day after

I don't mean to nickpick, just adding for the records:
2 years after registration of your marriage in Indonesia in case of marriage abroad (not the letter from the embassy/consulate, but actual registration at Pencatatan Sipil counts afaik).

same as the "Letter of No Impedament" which you require and should have got from your embassy before you can even get married in Indonesia and from my understanding was the legitimacy check / proof that your not still/already married in your home country

The "Letter of No Impediment" does have an expiry date: 6 months from issuance.
For obvious reasons, you could have married in the meantime if it's 5 years old...

For obvious reasons, you could have married in the meantime if it's 5 years old.
For obvious reasons, you could have married in the meantime if it's 5 years old...
Surat Keterangan Tidak Ada Halangan Untuk Menikah , Letter of No Impediment .Just pulled my original out of my file . Issued 21/August/2015. Nowhwere on the letter does is say it's only valid for 6 months ! Maybe the case in some parts of Indonesia , like everything else they have there own rules/regulations/laws etc .

I don't mean to nickpick, just adding for the records:
2 years after registration of your marriage in Indonesia in case of marriage abroad (not the letter from the embassy/consulate, but actual registration at Pencatatan Sipil counts afaik).
That's correct , same as if you were married in Indonesia . 2 years before you can convert to Kitap . The Letter of Recognition is another requirement at time of application .

And be aware that it could take several months after you apply before you actually get the Kitap . I was told to be safe , due to the Covid restrictions and all visa / immigration application having to go through the Ministry of Law and Human Rights before they go to the Director General , apply 6 months before your Kitas expires !! 3 months to renew my Kitas which usually takes 3-5 days and having to apply for the Kitap 6 months before Kitas expiry I only get 3 months out of my Kitas and can't do anything , go anywhere because they'll have my passport for the duration of the application process !!

And be aware that it could take several months after you apply before you actually get the Kitap . I was told to be safe , due to the Covid restrictions and all visa / immigration application having to go through the Ministry of Law and Human Rights before they go to the Director General , apply 6 months before your Kitas expires !! 3 months to renew my Kitas which usually takes 3-5 days and having to apply for the Kitap 6 months before Kitas expiry I only get 3 months out of my Kitas and can't do anything , go anywhere because they'll have my passport for the duration of the application process !!
Well, I was not aware of that, I would have done it that way. Now, you kind of stuck here and not sure for how long....

RE; Time period before Kitas expiry that you must start conversion to Kitap , Alih Status . I was told by a certain female officer at the Jember Imigration Office in early January 2021 that I would have to start the application 180 days /6 months before expiry due to the Covid restrictions /regulations . All BULLSHIT !! Official email from the Director Generals Dept in Surabaya today that the official period that you must start is still a minimum of 90 days /3 months before expiry . Your free to start it whenever you want from what they said as long as you have been married 2 years or more (spouse sponsored ) and it's not less than 90 days before your current Kitas expires or you have to apply for renewal of the Kitas ( another 2 1/2 million rupiah gone) then apply for the change of status ,Alih Status when you get the new Kitas . All a big $$$$ scam . Compulsory 2 year MERP ,exit /re-entry permit now in place going by the form I filled out today . No other option !! 1.75 million Rupiah !! So check with your regional Kantor Wilayah / Director Generals Dept if your told anything that sounds a bit odd (Bullshit) !

Email from the Director General in Surabaya a week ago 20/05/2021 regarding the minimum time before Kitas expiry that you must apply for Alhi Status /Change of status to Kitap. They said 3 months /90days is still the rule even with all the Covid crap . Was told 180 days /6 months at the Jember office . You can apply any time before the 90 days if needed . Also the letter of recognition of marriage from the Australian Embassy which now seems to be part of the requirements for the change of status ( never needed it for 5 Kitas renewals) is nothing more than a ,To Whom It May Concern letter stating that you have notified them of your marriage details and cost me 800,000rp !! They knocked back my Surat Domisili because it had last years date ,October 2020 which the Kapala Desa said was good for a year ! Also my Letter of Intergration and Surat Pernyataan/Jaminaan that I downloaded off a link on here , the intergration letter didn't have all the clauses (6) relating to intergration and the other was outdated !! Luckily they said I can hand in the new ones when I go back for the Bio's . Now just wait for the home interview that they were supposed to do on my first Kitas but never showed up after waiting a month . Email for payment which is a bloody rort , can't get it back if your application is refused . Like buying a new car only to find out they've sold it to someone else when you go to pick it up and NO REFUND !

Also my Letter of Intergration and Surat Pernyataan/Jaminaan that I downloaded off a link on here , the intergration letter didn't have all the clauses (6) relating to intergration and the other was outdated !!
Thanks for the update.
Any chance I could see a copy of those 6 clauses? I recall there were less than that, so I'm keen to see what new things I will probably be affirming next time I have to renew the KITAP.

Thanks for the update.
Any chance I could see a copy of those 6 clauses? I recall there were less than that, so I'm keen to see what new things I will probably be affirming next time I have to renew the KITAP.
No problem . You say next time you renew your "KITAP", thought you only renewed it once then it was issued automatically from then on , no more filling out a ute load of forms and chasing letters, only had to go to the office and report and collect every 5 years . This is a Surat Intergrasi I did of a copy that had someone else's details on it they gave me at the Jember office last week . Shows the (6) clauses . The Surat I download off here only had 2 or 3, apparently it was outdated years ago . Should only need it for the Alhi Status/Change of Status and your first "KITAP" renewal ! I didn't need it for my last "KITAS" renewal in October last year Cheers , hope it's of some help to you .

Attachments

• Surat Intergrasi Blank 2021.jpg
    Surat Intergrasi Blank 2021.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 117
No problem . You say next time you renew your "KITAP", thought you only renewed it once then it was issued automatically from then on , no more filling out a ute load of forms and chasing letters, only had to go to the office and report and collect every 5 years . This is a Surat Intergrasi I did of a copy that had someone else's details on it they gave me at the Jember office last week . Shows the (6) clauses . The Surat I download off here only had 2 or 3, apparently it was outdated years ago . Should only need it for the Alhi Status/Change of Status and your first "KITAP" renewal ! I didn't need it for my last "KITAS" renewal in October last year Cheers , hope it's of some help to you .
Yeah, this version seems more specific, especially the part about not spreading ideas that go against Pancasila and respecting religion.

I was also previously under the impression that I just needed to show up, but posts here have indicated that all paperwork will be checked anew. I believe it would be an oppotune time for them to request that we both update to any new versions of these documents and provide proof of our continued relationship with our sponsors. So, I'm just assuming they are going to make me do those things. Arguing about the rules has never stopped them asking for more paper before...

Once had an immigration officer tell me that she needed double copies of every page of my passport. She confirmed the request to me twice. I went to get them and when I came back there was a different officer. He was pissed off because he had to shuffle through all the pages looking for the relevant ones. I had added pages to my passport when it got full, too. Anyway, what do I care if I waste a few thousand rupiah and half an hour to keep these guys relatively happy? I need to live here and those people can cause me rather a lot of trouble if they feel like it. Wasting a small amount of time and money is well within my limits.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats