Kitas to Kitap

Nicho

I believe 90 days is always the rule for an extension, but 'alih status' from Kitas to Kitap should be possible at any time, even the day after receiving a Kitas, assuming all Kitap qualifications are met.
Not with the current situation with the Covid Restrictions . Have always gone in 2 to 3 weeks before expiry with the Kitas extension without a problem , did the same last year in October but due to the covid restrictions and everything having to go through the Ministry of Law and Human rights it took just on 3 months . That's right with the Kitas to Kitap as long as you've been married 2 years you can start the application process the day after but with the covid restrictions they're saying no later than 6 months before expiry of the Kitas !

mas_dam

as long as you've been married 2 years you can start the application process the day after

I don't mean to nickpick, just adding for the records:
2 years after registration of your marriage in Indonesia in case of marriage abroad (not the letter from the embassy/consulate, but actual registration at Pencatatan Sipil counts afaik).

mas_dam

same as the "Letter of No Impedament" which you require and should have got from your embassy before you can even get married in Indonesia and from my understanding was the legitimacy check / proof that your not still/already married in your home country

The "Letter of No Impediment" does have an expiry date: 6 months from issuance.
For obvious reasons, you could have married in the meantime if it's 5 years old...

Nicho

For obvious reasons, you could have married in the meantime if it's 5 years old.
For obvious reasons, you could have married in the meantime if it's 5 years old...
Surat Keterangan Tidak Ada Halangan Untuk Menikah , Letter of No Impediment .Just pulled my original out of my file . Issued 21/August/2015. Nowhwere on the letter does is say it's only valid for 6 months ! Maybe the case in some parts of Indonesia , like everything else they have there own rules/regulations/laws etc .

Nicho

I don't mean to nickpick, just adding for the records:
2 years after registration of your marriage in Indonesia in case of marriage abroad (not the letter from the embassy/consulate, but actual registration at Pencatatan Sipil counts afaik).
That's correct , same as if you were married in Indonesia . 2 years before you can convert to Kitap . The Letter of Recognition is another requirement at time of application .

yantiharun1

And be aware that it could take several months after you apply before you actually get the Kitap . I was told to be safe , due to the Covid restrictions and all visa / immigration application having to go through the Ministry of Law and Human Rights before they go to the Director General , apply 6 months before your Kitas expires !! 3 months to renew my Kitas which usually takes 3-5 days and having to apply for the Kitap 6 months before Kitas expiry I only get 3 months out of my Kitas and can't do anything , go anywhere because they'll have my passport for the duration of the application process !!

yantiharun1

And be aware that it could take several months after you apply before you actually get the Kitap . I was told to be safe , due to the Covid restrictions and all visa / immigration application having to go through the Ministry of Law and Human Rights before they go to the Director General , apply 6 months before your Kitas expires !! 3 months to renew my Kitas which usually takes 3-5 days and having to apply for the Kitap 6 months before Kitas expiry I only get 3 months out of my Kitas and can't do anything , go anywhere because they'll have my passport for the duration of the application process !!
Well, I was not aware of that, I would have done it that way. Now, you kind of stuck here and not sure for how long....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serro
Top Bottom