ITAS/ITAP Covid Policy Change

IndoTom

Sometimes when the process is made nonsensically difficult, there is someone waiting for you to offer a little fee to make it go quicker and easier. I am not making any specific accusation or recommendation, just an observation.
I'm not making any accusations either but my immigration processes took 10x more then it should. Eventually you know what was needed.

Nicho

I can't help but think that since so many people are having the exact same experience of being discouraged from applying for KITAP, there is word coming from the higher ups to do so. The reason could be money, as stated by Sam, by losing the yearly income or it could be related to something else altogether. It also appears that it only takes a little pressure to get them to accept the KITAP application. It's like they want to discourage you but only to a certain point. It's odd if nothing e

I can't help but think that since so many people are having the exact same experience of being discouraged from applying for KITAP, there is word coming from the higher ups to do so. The reason could be money, as stated by Sam, by losing the yearly income or it could be related to something else altogether. It also appears that it only takes a little pressure to get them to accept the KITAP application. It's like they want to discourage you but only to a certain point. It's odd if nothing else.
Only seems to be the last year with the implications of the Corona virus and the restrictions in place . I delt with a young officer at the Jember office for 3 of my previous Kitas renewals , he couldn't have been more helpfull , rang me personally to ensure I had everything needed before going to the office , contacted me during the process and then rang again when things were complete . Now a young female officer seems to be handling things there moving the goalposts and putting up road blocks everytime you contact them or go to the office . And the on-line application system which they say is to speed up the process is only to put you in the que , what que ? There supposed to ring and give you a time and date to come in , 3 weeks and I ended up contacting them . Never been more than 2 foriegners in the office in the 5 years I've been going back and forwards . Definately a change in there attitude towards things !!

Nicho

I'm not making any accusations either but my immigration processes took 10x more then it should. Eventually you know what was needed.
Yeah , I was paying a little bit more than the official fee for a few years until they stopped cash transactions at the Jember office and went to the Bank payment/transfer system . Maybe a few got burnt and are making things difficult as a pay back . They supposedly adopted an Indonesian wide system last year , I think every office made there own interpretation of it , things have only got more difficult and take twice/three times as long ! I'll be glad when I finally/hopefully get the Kitap and won't have to deal with them every year !

harryopal

Charter Member
Yeah , I was paying a little bit more than the official fee for a few years until they stopped cash transactions at the Jember office and went to the Bank payment/transfer system . Maybe a few got burnt and are making things difficult as a pay back . They supposedly adopted an Indonesian wide system last year , I think every office made there own interpretation of it , things have only got more difficult and take twice/three times as long ! I'll be glad when I finally/hopefully get the Kitap and won't have to deal with them every year !
Kitap comes with a blessed sense of relief not having to fill in more forms and make more office visits. My renewal comes up July 2023 so hopefully the "new normal" will have settled in for a less turbulent period and smoother process.

nardo

KITAP, there is word coming from the higher ups to do
Your right mate. I was refused on the not enough time premise the year before even though I attempted to apply 2 months before the Kitas expired and was given misquoted guidence with some regulation that you had to remain in Indonesia 3 years without leaving which is a sub clause from another 'path' to obtaining a Kitap. At that time numerous other orang asing were refused paid VOA visa renewals, sosbud renewals and even Kitap renewals at that office. It took 7 visits and a letter of apology to the office, for supposedly failing to follow instructions given by them in contradiction to the instructions given by the Kantor general, to renew my kitas. The following year I fronted 4 months before expiry as previously directed but was told to come back in 2 months. When I returned it took a meeting between my spouse and the Kantor head, without my attendance, to clear the way though we were warned that the process will take at least 6 months. Aside from a number of visits by the immigration Intel there was also a visit by the Kisbangpol Intel during the months which indicated that in East Java there is a vetting system in place to ensure social stability and a policy to ultimately discourage possible destabilising elements from making permanent residence. It was a 5 month wait to receive the permanent stay stamp and I still did not receive the card as the printer was 'broken' today. Hopefully it won't be to many more months before the printer is 'fixed'. Regardless of the procedural obstacles and delay the extra security and need for less interaction with beuraucracy provided by the Kitap, it is worth the effort and patience. We are very lucky and privileged to be able to reside in such an engaging, exciting and wonderful country. So with that in mind persistence and patience will have it's reward

nardo

Then in the cold light of day after the slight euphoria of actually getting my passport back with a permanent stay stamp I have noticed that the dates are all kanim... A month shorter than the previous Kitas dates on the Kitap and 2 months on the MERP. Given the outcome is highly unlikely to be corrected to my benefit its not worth the time and effort to query it.

nardo

It's my new word for 'a bit a miss' or very haphazard. It's all kanim now!

harryopal

Charter Member
Correction. Sorry. That was meant to be two years is standard.

nardo

Oh I thought you meant them ripping you off two months was standard..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serro
Top Bottom