Covid Testing

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
My wife brought this information home today. Kampung residents. One child gets sick, taken to doctor, sent to hospital. Covid. Admitted. Mother with him sick, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, hard to breath, given oxigen for 10 minutes and told to go home, here, take these pills. Wants covid test since doctor says covid is suspected but she will have to pay for test. Can't afford test so goes home.

This just adds to my argument the government is covering up actual numbers to protect economical interest. They would rather sacrifice residents than lose a single rupiah. If you don't test, you can not be confirmed as a covid sufferer. If you don't die in the hospital and the hospital list as covid, you have not died of covid. Doctors have been known to list yhe cause of death something different than covid at the families demanding. Was so in my wife's family with her sister.

All Imcan say is it is smart to keep wearing mask, using sanitizer, washing hands, and avoiding crowds. Don't let the government fool you.

My wife brought this information home today. Kampung residents. One child gets sick, taken to doctor, sent to hospital. Covid. Admitted. Mother with him sick, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, hard to breath, given oxigen for 10 minutes and told to go home, here, take these pills. Wants covid test since doctor says covid is suspected but she will have to pay for test. Can't afford test so goes home.

This just adds to my argument the government is covering up actual numbers to protect economical interest. They would rather sacrifice residents than lose a single rupiah. If you don't test, you can not be confirmed as a covid sufferer. If you don't die in the hospital and the hospital list as covid, you have not died of covid. Doctors have been known to list yhe cause of death something different than covid at the families demanding. Was so in my wife's family with her sister.

All Imcan say is it is smart to keep wearing mask, using sanitizer, washing hands, and avoiding crowds. Don't let the government fool you.
Covid is very widespread at the moment, schools have just gone back 'properly' and the kids are off sick in high %ages.
I will say it was worse a couple of weeks ago... I got a nasty dose of it & tested at home on a rapid antigen test bought online for about 20,000 IDR per test...
Once I was well & testing negative on the home tests, I then had to pay to get a test done at a clinic and a letter to clear me that cost about 90,000IDR. I did notice that the tests I had bought online were exactly the same brand as the one used by the clinic.
I can't say if the government are covering up, but I would say that the system seems far from efficient for gathering true statistics.

It seems to be less severe than a normal cold for most people at this point. Most people don't test, because what's the point?

Our daughters school in Bandung is requiring all students get tested this weekend before returning to school on Monday. She also tested when school started 5-6 weeks ago.

Covid is very widespread at the moment, schools have just gone back 'properly' and the kids are off sick in high %ages.

I can count on one hand how many classes I have had there everyone was present since school started in July. Most of it is due to someone in the family testing positive and as close contact, the students have to stay at home.

It seems to be less severe than a normal cold for most people at this point. Most people don't test, because what's the point?
I read the same in newspapers of Holland. A lot of people, when sick, will not take a (free) pcr test anymore.

If an adult or a schoolchild is sick with a fever, flu symptoms etc. then they would anyway stay at home, stop working for a few days, take panadol, drink water, rest etc. There is no specific cure for Covid, same as for a cold, so what's the point in doing a test? All the test achieves is to mess up your peduli lindungi status for 10 days (most people are recovered by day 3 or 4 anyway).

If an adult or a schoolchild is sick with a fever, flu symptoms etc. then they would anyway stay at home, stop working for a few days, take panadol, drink water, rest etc. There is no specific cure for Covid, same as for a cold, so what's the point in doing a test? All the test achieves is to mess up your peduli lindungi status for 10 days (most people are recovered by day 3 or 4 anyway).

Pretty much verbatim what my pediatrician told me when my daughter had symptoms.

However, for science, I had her PCRed at Prodia, anyway. Don't really care about PL anyway. Big surprise, it was positive. The local Puskesmas people freaked out when they were notified, wanted to test the whole household, and put everyone on a 10-day PL blacklist.

But with this thing, we are well past isolating. So, unfortunately, if you are in an at-risk category, you should exercise a very high degree of caution.

Besides at airports, who even looks at the Peduli Lindungi app. Is anyone? Here, no one seems to care what so ever.

The gov doesn't have a clue but insist all is going well and everything is under control. I had no expectations of government doing this right since the first day I heard of covid. The only protections you have are to get vaccinated and follow common sense health protocols. It is all up to the individual. Could I get it? Of course but I will know I did all I could to protect myself.

COVID has been here for years and is now less deadly than the standard flu. The madness has to stop sometime. The virus is here to stay, so get on with your life.

COVID has been here for years and is now less deadly than the standard flu. The madness has to stop sometime. The virus is here to stay, so get on with your life.
Like I said. It is up to the individual as to protect ones self or not.

The gov doesn't have a clue but insist all is going well and everything is under control. I had no expectations of government doing this right since the first day I heard of covid. The only protections you have are to get vaccinated and follow common sense health protocols. It is all up to the individual. Could I get it? Of course but I will know I did all I could to protect myself.
Massive increase in deaths and positive results here in South/East Java after the initial vaccination program . Several Doctors and Nurses died at a local hospital . They put them all down as new cases! Been a money making scam since day one and still is ! One case of the virus here in my village in all the time it's been around and she was a visitor from Jakarta .

Money making how? All 3 shots were free
Tested 2 times in 2 years cost me 50rb

10 masks 20rb
Probably saved me money. No need go to office. Meetings over w/a etc
Bars closed
Grab food many discounts

The initial vaccination programs were pretty unsuccessful and since the virus was picking up speed, increased cases and deaths would be expected. I would guess your only death was soneone who died in the hospital. You do realize that they only counted as a covid death thoes that died in medical facilities.

Die at home, won't be covid. Normally whatever the family comes up with as they rush to bury them in a plot of their choosing.

Money making? Yeah, by the government by ignoring the population's health to maintain the economy. By overcharging for test early on giving SOE pharmacies record profits but not bothering with contact tracing.

Money making? Yeah, by the government by ignoring the population's health to maintain the economy. By overcharging for test early on giving SOE pharmacies record profits but not bothering with contact tracing.
I'm curious as to what else you expect the government to do at this point. Do they do the same things with seasonal flu?

I don't think closing the country and economy for 2 years plus all the alcohol sales tax etc is money making?
My favourite bar makes 5b a month usually. What's the alcohol tax on that for 2 years. That's just 1 bar!

I'm curious as to what else you expect the government to do at this point. Do they do the same things with seasonal flu?
Health precautions for covid like wearing mask indoors, hand washing stations, and better testing and enforcing them has proven that they guard against the spread of flu also. 2 birds as they say. A no brainer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back