British Passport Renewal - Pleasantly Surprised

Wow really? Can you post a pic of the cover?
Actually it has its own Pantene colour. It should be the same as the original ones decades ago

How did you manage to get one already? Can you enlighten us?

Trying to upload a clearer pic if anyone knows how?

Wow really? Can you post a pic of the cover?
Actually it has its own Pantene colour. It should be the same as the original ones decades ago

How did you manage to get one already? Can you enlighten us?
It's the one I had in the 1980s :sneaky:

I'm sure the new ones will be blue, but the old ones were definitely black (at least mine were). Official govt guidance refers to "the old blue or black" passports, so they may have made them in different shades at that time.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rows-over-traditional-british-passport-colour

“The colour of the new passport will be returning to its previous navy blue,” the statement says. “The image alongside our announcement … is a mock-up produced for illustrative purposes before the final design is completed. The colour will be navy blue and the design embossed in gold.”
The statement goes on to say: “Since its introduction in 1921, there have been a few variants of that navy blue colour but it has never been black, as some commentators have suggested.”

I had a couple of
black passports ,just like these definitely not blue .

I heard blue passports were only for the low class people ???? :D:eek::eek::oops:

Last edited:
Started my passport renewal process 3 weeks ago. Credit card already debited.
Received an email today from Liverpool to say photos not enclosed. I know they were as I have the receipt from VFS in Kunungan.

So need to go back to VFS and give them more photos and hope these are not lost "in the post".

So just a warning that this new system, that you have to pay extra for, is not so perfect.

VFS swore blind the photos were sent. Liverpool said they didn't receive them, so who to believe? Liverpool said it would be better for me to send new photos, which I did using DHL.

New passport arrived safely and today I picked it up from VFS. So, 6 weeks in total and an additional cost to me for the DHL.

It doesn't have European Union on the front. Inside it is a kaleidoscope of colour and a pretty bad design, in my opinion. I can see Immigration looking for spaces in between the pictures to put their chop.

Luckily the Dutch moved away from all the different historical stories and pictures on the pages. It took forever to get by Immigration sometimes, they even called in their colleagues. The Indonesian passport also has distinct pictures.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back