Back for a bit

Japan always insists on x-raying connecting passengers, which is odd since the origin airport has already done it.
I travel a lot and never been to any airport that doesnt x-ray transiting passengers and i wouldnt trust one that does. Of course they need to recheck themselves. Some even do it twice (singapore recently did that extra check on landing and then another check at the next gate).

Yes in fact SG sometimes does it on arrival as soon as you get off the plane, laptops etc everything

I travel a lot and never been to any airport that doesnt x-ray transiting passengers and i wouldnt trust one that does. Of course they need to recheck themselves. Some even do it twice (singapore recently did that extra check on landing and then another check at the next gate).
Montreal didn’t check me, so I was hoping that Narita skipped it too.

Montreal didn’t check me
Domestic and same terminal? Maybe in US and Canada you can just move from gate to gate. Most places seperate out arriving passengers from departing ones and have security again even for domestic travel.

Ive been on transiting on the same plane though russia, uk, germany as well as many many countries transiting but on to different planes. Always at least one more security check and often a slow one. I tend to walk very fast once off the plane to beat the queue.

Domestic and same terminal? Maybe in US and Canada you can just move from gate to gate. Most places seperate out arriving passengers from departing ones and have security again even for domestic travel.

Ive been on transiting on the same plane though russia, uk, germany as well as many many countries transiting but on to different planes. Always at least one more security check and often a slow one. I tend to walk very fast once off the plane to beat the queue.
International flight to another international. Canada just set up a corridor with signs for connecting flights, plus airport employees at intersections pointing people to the right direction. They did stop me to scan my passport at a machine, probably just to make sure I’m not a wanted person in Canada.

All US airports would require another security screening for international connecting flights, because everybody has to go through immigration and customs even for connecting flights, which requires a visa for most countries. That’s why it’s best not to connect in USA.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maria clara
Back