B211 Visit visa onshore application $10,000 USD

cmichindo

Hi, have the application document requirements changed for onshore B211 visit visa applications since August this year? Is there a new requirement that the sponsor provide proof of $10,000 USD in their savings account? I don't see this mentioned on the online application pages. Thank you

Hi, have the application document requirements changed for onshore B211 visit visa applications since August this year? Is there a new requirement that the sponsor provide proof of $10,000 USD in their savings account? I don't see this mentioned on the online application pages. Thank you

Minister of Law and Human Rights' Regulation Number 26 of 2020, Article 6.4:

Applicants for a Visit Visa (except those who are support staff members in medical and food related fields), they must also provide proof that the foreigner has at least USD 10,000 or its equivalent issued by a financial institution or bank in Indonesia.

Link (Bahasa Indonesia)

Thanks for the replies. I am a little confused now. Both the sponsor and the visa applicant have to show they have $10,000 USD? How can a foreign visitor have an Indonesian Bank account?

penjamin wajib melampirkan bukti ketersediaan dana paling sedikit US$10.000 (sepuluh ribu Dollar Amerika) atau setara dari lembaga keuangan atau bank di Indonesia untuk memenuhi kebutuhan hidup selama di Indonesia.
"The sponsor (penjamin) is required to attach proof of available funds minimal 10k USD or equivalent from financial institutions or bank in Indonesia for the purpose of fulfilling the living expenses while in Indonesia."

It doesn't explicitly require the money to be in an Indonesian bank account, nor does it specifically state whose money is to be shown. I have heard some anecdotal cases of it both cases being accepted; the sponsor showing 150 juta in local bank, or the applicant showing $10k in a foreign account.

Yes obviously they mean $10,000 or equivalent in a bank account not necessarily Indonesian

Thanks for the replies. I am a little confused now. Both the sponsor and the visa applicant have to show they have $10,000 USD? How can a foreign visitor have an Indonesian Bank account?

Actually now that I read it, it's a bad translation, my mistake.

Better translation provided by @R Cameron above.

Previously when I made the onshore visit visa application I provided my own foreign bank statement, I did not provide a bank statement from my sponsor. Will I be able to do the same again, provide my foreign bank statement instead of the sponsors bank statement?

Previously when I made the onshore visit visa application I provided my own foreign bank statement, I did not provide a bank statement from my sponsor. Will I be able to do the same again, provide my foreign bank statement instead of the sponsors bank statement?
Yes, either you attach your bank statement or your sponsor's bank statement. Additionally the new requirement you need to attach is a certificate of Health from Medical center or Hospital certifying you are free (Negative) from Covid-19

Got the visa approved, they do accept your own foreign bank statements instead of the sponsors statement.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819