Assistance at Soekarno Hatta - First time in Indonesia with three young children

I used joumpa last month for 3 guests on separate flights. All went extremely well and the feedback i got was very good. Would use them again definitely.

I am surprised. Did not realize there are services to mitigate the small anxieties of what used the routine and expected tribulations of traveling with small children.

Did not realize there are services to mitigate the small anxieties of what used the routine and expected tribulations of traveling with small children.

Is that google translate english? What are you trying to say?

Is that google translate english? What are you trying to say?
he is taking the pi55 out of travelling with kids and needing assistance when everyone else seems to manage, although yes if you are a single parent with 3 kids then some help is understandable

I think he meant more that it was a hollow and idle attempt to troll, Herbert. Granted, nicely wrapped in grand words. As so often.

Anyone travelling alone with 3 boys under the age of 5 deserves a medal. ?

And the passengers in front and behind them? For eight hours?

IMG_8121.jpg

Noise cancelling headsets.

Exactly. The only people who complain about crying babies are people who've never had kids. If you're annoyed by the crying baby, the parents feel it 10x worse and they have to deal with the side eyes from passengers.

I remember reading some parental advice about bringing some lollies and apology notes for passengers seating nearby when travelling with kids. Scratch that! It's the parents who deserve some freaking lollies!

Traveling with kids can be a challenge. Just remember some airlines only allow a certain number of toddlers per row. Usually if they’re lap kids, which since these are 2, hopefully they’re not.

If it’s a big concern, why not fly there to accompany them?

Some airports may offer parents assistance. 8 hours isn’t much, though. All our trips are 20-35 hours with connections. I find that many Asian flight attendants are extra helpful with parents traveling with kids.

I travel a lot. Most weeks I'm in the airport here and I've noticed a big discrepancy on queues. I recently arrived on a flight at 6pm into T3 international and the immigration queue at that time was all the way to the back of the new hall. I skipped passed it into the Kitap queue which was still about 15-20 mins long.

This is not a normal occurrence and I tend to arrive earlier morning when its quietest but still I would never begrudge anyone paying a bit extra to save their family the potential hassle of that queue after a long flight - especially with young kids. If you have the money then why not use it to avoid some of lifes inconveniences occasionally and let your family arrive into Indonesia on a good note.

Oh and as a side benefit they tend to go through customs without a glance.

Headset? Hmm. Noise is one thing, someone behind you kicking the back of your seat and playing with the folding table all the time, is another. Parents (should) play a role in that.

I find that many Asian flight attendants are extra helpful with parents traveling with kids.

That's one of the reasons Garuda is rather popular with families; besides the obvious language advantage, their flight attendants often take on nanny duties.

Most weeks I'm in the airport here and I've noticed a big discrepancy on queues. I recently arrived on a flight at 6pm into T3 international and the immigration queue at that time was all the way to the back of the new hall.

True. I arrived at 7.30 AM and there was practically nobody there (granted, first out of the -rather big- plane). KITAS/P completely empty. One question about the beard, to the left avoiding the luggage scan and through I was.

Last edited:
It's a standard internet thing, that if you criticise someone else's English you should make sure you haven't made any mistakes yourself..
Jesus was/is mistaken. Being without sin is not a prerequisite for casting stones, or rather in this case, posting corrective comments.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back