Any restrictions driving from Bandung to Jakarta?

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
We are planning on going to Jakarta next weekend, for a couple weeks. I know when I checked last month, and there was a police checkpoint, and a self health assessment. I see Bandung full of B plates lately, so there doesn’t seem to be any barriers if someone is coming from Jakarta.

Has anyone made the trip recently?

Been in and out of Jakarta from Bandung and also to CGK for work commitments in Medan. Also a few times a month to Subang, also work. Never been stopped but always carry surat perusahaan.

Bandung now rammed with B plates so I assume this is the new normal.

Leaving at 1pm on Saturday, it took 3 hours for the trip, with a 15 minute stop.

The traffic going to Bandung looked pretty horrible. Backing up at the Pasteur exit, and for 20-30km between KM 30-60 outside of Bekasi.

Well, the road construction was pretty bad there for awhile.

Some of the road is in pretty bad shape. They also had a couple lanes diverted for a 1-2km stretch, and then join back to the main traffic lanes with no merging lane. Just a lot of traffic accidents waiting to happen.

Been in and out of Jakarta from Bandung and also to CGK for work commitments in Medan. Also a few times a month to Subang, also work. Never been stopped but always carry surat perusahaan.

Bandung now [c]rammed with B plates so I assume this is the new normal.

And the old normal, as well.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819