183 day tax residence rule

Helpful Herbert

Yes. So you can spend a lot of time and effort with the Indonesian tax authority for the purpose of paying zero tax (they will probably consider it wasting their time). Or you can just pay zero tax which is the correct amount in your case. Your choice I guess, the result is the same.

a-sha

Yes. So you can spend a lot of time and effort with the Indonesian tax authority for the purpose of paying zero tax (they will probably consider it wasting their time). Or you can just pay zero tax which is the correct amount in your case. Your choice I guess, the result is the same.
I just want to do the right thing, according to the rules here. After the lockdown, I will go to the tax office here.

a-sha

It would be foolish as a newbie to be the trailblazer to something that longtime expats in Indonesia are not doing. My final answer.
It's okay. I worked in Holland for the Tax Office (Belastingdienst) so I am a bit tainted with tax rules.

snpark

Cager
Tainted sounds about right

You mean "acquainted" I believe

Not that I mean to varnish your reputation

a-sha

It's okay. I worked in Holland for the Tax Office (Belastingdienst) so I am a bit tainted with tax rules.
I translated part of a Dutch expression "waar je mee omgaat, raak je mee besmet". Meaning: "you recognize the peergroup. Their habits, rules etcetera ... you become one of them, so to speak".

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aji
Top Bottom