how to support a family with some peace of mind?

Not in the USA; all it takes is money. Just ask Lori Loughlin.

re: Home Schooling (I copied and pasted from another thread)

If your home country school district offers some sort of virtual campus, then you're in great shape. Just register before you move to Indo!

Established curriculum options exist that would offer a framework and support, and will probably be less expensive than many international schools. One example is:
https://wolseyhalloxford.org.uk/about-us/international-homeschooling/indonesia/

Homeschooling is something that I'm seriously looking at for my kids if/when we move to Indo, but I'm a teacher and would feel quite comfortable doing it. For someone without the same background, it would be different obviously. Also, in my home country (USA) there are millions of children that are home schooled each academic year, so in my mind it is a genuine and mainstream path with lots of support and a huge amount of resources.

I do not home school my children now, and I am not in Indo currently, but I would advise others to stay away from a 'service' that promises to visit your home. That sounds strange to me. I would strongly suggest hooking up with a network of other homeschooling families in order to share resources and with whom you can arrange educational trips and other activities.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back