Hazardous passengers in Emirates crash

Batavia Air had a wet start on the RH engine, one of the passengers not knowing what it was shouted, " we are on fire" there was a rush by some passengers to the aft exit, were they opened a door before the Stewies could stop them, they didn't take there hand luggage, but it wasn't all the cabin, as most passengers still remained seated,the crew stopped a few from jumping down the slide, one broken leg.
But having seen a few aircraft fires in my time, hanging around getting your luggage should be the last thing on your mind, just leg it as fast as you can

Knowing Indonesians the way we all do I am surprised they didn't all rush to the RHS of the plane to gawp and take selfies :faint:

I always check in as far as possible in advance and request an emergency seat. There's an obvious reason for that. The probability to survive a crash is not excessively high so I don't want to impair my meager chances by being stuck in the middle of passengers who have overshoot by at least 6 folds there maximum cabin luggage allowance and who try to retrieve all of them before jumping out of the damn plane.

As much as I love my fellow Manadonese I have to admit that being stuck with a bunch of them in an emergency situation would be pretty bad news.

The crew? Well, have you ever witnessed any crew firmly asking a passenger to remain seated while the light's still on or not to switch on a mobile phone as soon as the aircraft has landed? Me, nope. I hope that they will have more authority when really needed but I haven't seen many pigs flying lately.

there was a rush by some passengers to the aft exit, were they opened a door before the Stewies could stop them,
It reminds me a story which happened here in MDC. Aircraft was about to take off but delayed, air con was off and some passengers didn't take it well. One of them opened an emergency exit to have some fresh air. No kidding. I would have loved to be on that plane just for the laugh. Well, I may have also been a bit pissed off by the further delays which occurred. Folding a toboggan may not been that easy. :smile:

Hazardous passengers are bad, hazardous pilots could be even worse. On Metro TV last week, a fired Lion Air pilot was being interviewed and he said something like “who wants to fly with a stressed pilot”. He’s implying that (some) pilots are stressed and the management is to be blamed.

The owner of LionAir is being interviewed on Singapore news Channel this week,I didn't get the date cos I'm not interested, but anyone who is can check it out, a few weeks into LionAir starting, the owner was leaving a hotel with LionAirs weekly takings, somebody, as yet not apprehended smashed the car window and made off with the cash, funny old world.
Shortly after two Lion Air engineers came to see me, they asked if I could lend them an engine hydraulic hose, as it happenedthere hose was a different fit to ours, but I asked my boss if we could help out, "No" he said, "Tell them to piss off as they wont last long" they are still here and he has gone

Hazardous passengers are bad, hazardous pilots could be even worse. On Metro TV last week, a fired Lion Air pilot was being interviewed and he said something like “who wants to fly with a stressed pilot”. He’s implying that (some) pilots are stressed and the management is to be blamed.

They also claim that pilots are often forced to work beyond mandatory rest periods, even up to 22 hours per day. Good thing all those shiny Boeing's come with the best automation money can buy.

They also claim that pilots are often forced to work beyond mandatory rest periods, even up to 22 hours per day. Good thing all those shiny Boeing's come with the best automation money can buy.

The DGAC aren't doing their job, if they are aware of pilots flying excessive hours they should be carrying out Line checks to see any infrigments and if so immediately ground the pilot

The owner of LionAir is being interviewed on Singapore news Channel this week,I didn't get the date cos I'm not interested, but anyone who is can check it out
It's an interview with Lion Air Groups CEO on Thursday 8:30 pm Singapore time on Channel newsasia. I doubt if he'll talk about the issues between management and aircrew.

Last edited:
The DGAC aren't doing their job, if they are aware of pilots flying excessive hours they should be carrying out Line checks to see any infrigments and if so immediately ground the pilot

The DGCA isn't going to do anything. After a spate of incidents which included pilots going on strike, stranded passengers rioting at Soetta, dropping off international passengers at domestic terminals, the DGCA tried to punish Lion by freezing their permission to open new routes. Lion reported this to the police and got the DGCA to back off the next day.

Jonan (previous transportation minister) tried to address some of the issues and got promptly sacked at the earliest convenience. It is no coincidence that Lion Air provides free charters for all the political elites, and Rusdi is on Jokowi's team as a special advisor.

It's an interview with Lion Air CEO on Thursday 8:30 pm Singapore time on Channel newsasia. I doubt if he'll talk about the issues between management and aircrew.

yes, I don't think there will be any earth shattering news, especially any plans to improve on time departures, here's something which has nothing to do with anything, I was offered a job in their quality department, at 74 at that time I was gain fully employed, so I didn't feel like jumping out the fat into a furnace

yes, I don't think there will be any earth shattering news, especially any plans to improve on time departures,

Is that why they are called Lying Air?
Ok I got 10 posts now....when do I get my wings for this 'charter' airline I was told about....

Hazardous passengers are bad

Yes, some worse than others. It must be nearly 10 years ago now but I took a flight from Banda Aceh to Sabang (Pulau Weh). It's only about 12 or 13 minute flight but about 10 minutes into the flight the captain announced that he had to turn back to Banda Aceh. Apparently, one of the passengers had forgotten his pistol which was in a plastic bag on a bench in Banda Aceh airport.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs